This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ever flee or KO a shiny accidentally?

#31pokemonzeroPosted 4/15/2013 4:20:51 AM
ArabianPenguins posted...
Missingno_Mastr
Posted 4/14/2013 7:52:01 PM
message detail
Well, I had to run from a Shiny Zigzagoon because I had run out of Poké Balls prior to the encounter...

In Gold, had to watch a Shiny Ditto Struggle itself to death because I ran out of Poké Balls while trying to catch it...

Lost a Shiny Zigzagoon because I only remembered it after I had restarted the game and saved...

Missed out on a Shiny Crawdaunt because it was in the Battle Tower...

And was forced to watch a Shiny Ekans flee from me in the Safari Zone.

No, though, never accidentally fled from or KO'd a Shiny.

XD I'm sorry, but this had me laughing so hard. Maybe your luck will change for the better soon.

pokemonzero
Posted 4/14/2013 7:55:07 PM
message detail
Shiny Voltorb went boom

Lol!! This sucks as bad as a shiny Abra teleporting, but it was still hilarious.

I learned that when training in Voltorb terrain to carry a pokemon with damp
---
Volunteer at Dream World Paradise. Jobs done 22--- William FC: 0648-5041-0950
Volunteer Cloner/RCer Jobs done:7
#32CakeOfLiesPosted 4/15/2013 6:26:11 AM
My first shiny, a Teddiursa in SoulSilver...

I was a noob who thought a Pokemon needed to be weakened in order to be able to catch it (like, Pokemon have a 0% chance of being caught at full health) so I attacked it with a move that shouldn't have killed it.

"A critical hit!"
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#33RatedRKO7Posted 4/15/2013 6:27:22 AM
No but I had Hugh kill a shiny Zubat in the Castelia Sewers. When he did that I a unleashed my rage.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape and Jasmine of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y
#34Dark_EinherjarPosted 4/15/2013 6:28:16 AM
Shiny Abra used Teleport... :'(
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#35Excess-FatPosted 4/15/2013 6:31:49 AM
In all of my 10 years of playing pokemon, the only shiny i'v ever ran into was that red gyrados.
I was lucky enuogh to catch pker us in SS though ; )
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#36pokemonfreak97Posted 4/15/2013 7:01:28 AM
reaverz posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Yes. Only once though. I used False Swipe on a Sunkern then it used Sunny Day and killed itself with Solar Power.

I'm sorry to hear that, but thank you for bringing to my attention a way for a shiny to kill itself that I had never imagined.

I would imagine that, even if you somehow managed to catch ALL Pokémon outside of the Safari Zone using exclusively Cloud Nine (in any area with Solar Power/Dry Skin Pokémon), Damp (in any area with Selfdestruct/Explosion users), and Sticky Hold (in any area with Roar/Whirlwind/Dragon Tail users) and False Swipe, I believe you would STILL manage to lose the Shiny somehow.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#37Gsus_94Posted 4/15/2013 7:44:06 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
My first shiny, a Teddiursa in SoulSilver...

I was a noob who thought a Pokemon needed to be weakened in order to be able to catch it (like, Pokemon have a 0% chance of being caught at full health) so I attacked it with a move that shouldn't have killed it.

"A critical hit!"

I feel ya lol. When i was a kid i thought the same. I found a shiny snubull in Crystal and was currently training a scyther. Used a pretty weak attack that I knew would not kill it...*critical hit!* I was so angry I ended up releasing the scyther and not using one again for years haha
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#38FuneralCakePosted 4/15/2013 7:55:41 AM
I found a shiny Ralts in Ruby that I accidentally KOed with a critical hit. At the time, I wasn't necessarily too bothered, since it was male, and I figured Gardevoir looked better as a female. Then gen 4 and Gallade came around, and I was a little pissed. I would have been more pissed if I evolved it into Gardevoir and never had the chance to get Gallade, though.

Another time I was resetting for a shiny starter in Ruby or Sapphire, and I found a shiny Poochyena instead. Yeah. I kind of had to KO that, just because.

Then there was this, which isn't fleeing or KOing accidentally, but is still very unfortunate nonetheless: http://i.minus.com/inDRrRYquaACO.jpg
---
#include <home.rowed>
void signature() printf ("signature\n");
#39Thepenguinking2Posted 4/15/2013 7:55:57 AM
Shiny gyarados.
I never encountered another shiny.
Thanks to the elite 4, I caught that gyarados
---
WHY CAN'T SHEDINJA LEARN ENTRAINMENTMe in the X board
The Shiny zangoose of the X/y Board! (what? everyone's doing this!)
#40OCShoesPosted 4/15/2013 8:17:51 AM
Obeyy00 posted...
i just Ko'd a shiny litwick while watching the laker's game...smh

A moment of silence for our fallen brother.

I really wish I could find a shiny Litwick, though. I Sp Atk train all the time and I keep hoping to find one T~T
---
4 / 10 - Poor - game is unremarkable and flawed
The Official Latios of Everything