This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like mesoamerican culture goes underrepresented in pokemon.

#21Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 11:17:45 PM
GeneralCortez posted...
Man, im gonna get those oppressed natives to rise up. Gonna make me some money. Then oppress them

Dont tell them that though.

What made you favor the Tlaxcalas so much? And what made you hate the Mexica?
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#22EnferolunosPosted 4/14/2013 11:19:10 PM
GeneralCortez posted...
Sooo, South America isnt Mesoamerican?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Mesoamerica_english.PNG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/Location_North_America.svg

You tell me
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#23Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 11:19:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24GeneralCortezPosted 4/14/2013 11:34:49 PM
Windyligth posted...
GeneralCortez posted...
Man, im gonna get those oppressed natives to rise up. Gonna make me some money. Then oppress them

Well, im cruising along, trying to find away to make some gold for myself and the mother country, and we come across this new land. Meet up with some dudes, party over here. Good times. Then all of a sudden, they chop this guy's heart out, and im like WTF bro were Christians we dont do this ****. And then turns out they have vaults and vaults of gold

So, I hooked up with these Tlaxcalan dudes, who like, were human sacrifice chow to the Aztecs, and boom. Sweet loot. Then all these other dudes started ****ing with me, and then the Holy Roman Emperor got on my ass

And pfft, my bro Francisco Pizzaro told me that its all the same ****. I dont study this ****, I just conqure it
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#25person_pitchPosted 4/14/2013 11:37:54 PM
I think the only important thing about culture is the first syllable.
#26Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 7:41:50 PM
GeneralCortez posted...
Windyligth posted...
GeneralCortez posted...

Well, im cruising along, trying to find away to make some gold for myself and the mother country, and we come across this new land. Meet up with some dudes, party over here. Good times. Then all of a sudden, they chop this guy's heart out, and im like WTF bro were Christians we dont do this ****. And then turns out they have vaults and vaults of gold

So, I hooked up with these Tlaxcalan dudes, who like, were human sacrifice chow to the Aztecs, and boom. Sweet loot. Then all these other dudes started ****ing with me, and then the Holy Roman Emperor got on my ass

And pfft, my bro Francisco Pizzaro told me that its all the same ****. I dont study this ****, I just conqure it

You have to admit though, you got lucky as ****. Your nasty ass European diseases killed like 90% of the population before you even got there, and the only reason you were able to even convince the Tlaxcalatecas to fight with you was cause of your trilingual girlfriend. You arrived the exact day Quetzalcoatl was predicted to return and Jesused the hell outta everyone. And Montezuma knew you guys were wandering out in jungle talking to his enemies, but he was too hesitant to do anything about it tell AFTER you had the manpower to take him.

Also, I laughed when Charles picked Mendoza over you.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#27wahaha911Posted 4/17/2013 7:53:36 PM
The should play La Bamba as a sea theme song, happy?
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
Happyface On!!! :) and then the world stops.
#28SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 4/17/2013 7:56:15 PM
Needs a Dragon/Rock named Quartzacotl
#29LaManoNeraIIPosted 4/17/2013 10:21:16 PM(edited)
Abomasnow is based on sasquatch, even if its snow themed. Native American tribes also had a lot of myths based on large bird deities, specifically thunder birds, which is basically Zapdos.

A chupacabra inspired Pokemon would be pretty cool.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009