This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why's there so much Skyla x Elesa?

#1Super SlashPosted 4/14/2013 9:49:23 PM
People pair these two up together so much, but why? Is it because they're probably the two most popular female gym leaders?
#2LightningAce11Posted 4/14/2013 9:50:54 PM
Because they're hot, according to 95% of this board.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the hearts nemesis." - Trema
#3darkdragongirlPosted 4/14/2013 9:52:40 PM(edited)
Imagine if you will that Pokémon is your life.

Now imagine that it is your job. Every day you go, you see Elesa, and Skyla. Your co-workers. You don't have a chance in hell with them because they don't exist so you create a fantasy. Like some people do in their work place or in various other scenarios featuring a hot girl or guy.

Now subjugate all that with Skyla, and Elesa, and you have...TIGERJACKSON...and other people. Smogoon isn't really creepy about it. I think, maybe. I haven't seen enough evidence.
---
From when I land to when I leave there is enough time to sleep and sing.
I keep running around, when all I want is to lay motionless.
#4MM125Posted 4/14/2013 9:54:43 PM
After one of the flashbacks in B2W2, I'm pretty sure Elesa/Skyla is canon.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#5ReachOutToTruthPosted 4/14/2013 9:54:52 PM
Just because they're both hot. Shippers have rarely made much sense and just pair up any two people they think look good together.

I mean, look at Hiei and Kurama. In the last episode Kurama flat out says he's not interested in Hiei after Hiei makes a gesture that could be misconstrued as interest and there's STILL a strong following for that pairing. >_>
---
<3 and (/|\) !
http://i.imgur.com/khPxrAW.png
#6Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 10:02:07 PM
I don't really get the Elesa craze, personally.
#7GeneralCortezPosted 4/14/2013 10:04:26 PM
I dont see why people have to ship everything

Also, I like Sabrina. Always have, always will. And I like to imagine she goes out with the Dojo guy
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#8LexifoxPosted 4/14/2013 10:16:33 PM
Because they're sexually attractive people. The fact that they make regular appearances together is just gravy, and things like Elesa looking for pretty girls at Join Avenue and blowing kisses to Rosa doesn't help.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9TherianReturnsPosted 4/14/2013 10:27:23 PM
do the math. Pokemon players are usually single and can't get any irl, so they try to find their soulmates via pixels
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#10Hierarchy225Posted 4/14/2013 10:46:35 PM(edited)
As if shipping ever had to make sense.