This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let us talk about why Forms are stupid/great!

#1gamezrochardPosted 4/15/2013 12:26:17 AM
I say they are, eh, overdone. Most legendary Pokemon have transformations now. I feel like Pokemon is turning, into, well, Transformers. Lets just have a Pokemon named Optimon Prime, and he can turn into a flying truck.

Real talk, The Mewtwo form, I would prefer to be it's own thing. Would make a nice Psychic trio of Mews. It means absolutely nothing to me when it's a form I have to change another Pokemon I generally enjoy, just to see it.

For those who say "Don't use it", it's not like I don't intend to not use it. It's not an issue about usage. It's more along the lines of legendary Pokemon are slowly getting new forms more and more for the sake of the movies, or manga, whatever you prefer. It really adds nothing to the game as much as say, if the Pokemon was entirely on it's own, aka not being a form.

It's becoming common. I enjoyed catching all the Genie trio. I never bothered with the forms they have, because, well, why should I? Press a button, use a specific item, stand somewhere specific, and hey, your legendary looks different. It has some different stats, maybe a move. So? Give me a new Pokemon thats legendary. Something WORTH getting excited about. Not this Mewtwo monster.

My thoughts. Lets not crucify each other now for having an opinion. Or at least, TRY not to.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#2BountyanPosted 4/15/2013 12:28:12 AM
Forms started off great. Deoxys is pretty cool, and Rotom is a neat way to use it too. But soon other than that, it just became a cheap gimmick they slap on a bunch of legendary Pokemon. It's kind of boring now.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#3noname2lazyPosted 4/15/2013 12:28:35 AM
I think they're cool.
#4FuneralCakePosted 4/15/2013 12:28:45 AM
gamezrochard posted...
Lets not crucify each other now for having an opinion. Or at least, TRY not to.

Ahahahaha.

Anyway, new formes are exciting to me because they offer new possibilities. As an example, the kami trio is very different in their Therian Forme than their Incarnate Forme, so it offers different ways you can use that Pokemon.

I don't really think it's an over-abundance problem, either. A lot of people complained about the amount of legendaries in gen 4, but I didn't see what the issue was.
---
#include <home.rowed>
void signature() printf ("signature\n");
#5gamezrochard(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 12:30:39 AM
noname2lazy posted...
I think they're cool.

Tell me why, though. I'm hoping someone convinces me otherwise, I don't like being a part of the minority.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#6iKhanicPosted 4/15/2013 12:32:07 AM
It's overdone. If we had one or two pokemon (lines) that had different forms every game, that would be fine. But they do it for half the legendaries and several lines of Pokemon, and I don't like that.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7noname2lazyPosted 4/15/2013 12:36:28 AM(edited)
gamezrochard posted...
noname2lazy posted...
I think they're cool.

Tell me why, though. I'm hoping someone convinces me otherwise, I don't like being a part of the minority.

Pretty much what FuneralCake said.
#8ArabianPenguinsPosted 4/15/2013 12:59:50 AM
gamezrochard
Posted 4/15/2013 12:26:17 AM
message detail
I say they are, eh, overdone. Most legendary Pokemon have transformations now. I feel like Pokemon is turning, into, well, Transformers. Lets just have a Pokemon named Optimon Prime, and he can turn into a flying truck.

Real talk, The Mewtwo form, I would prefer to be it's own thing. Would make a nice Psychic trio of Mews. It means absolutely nothing to me when it's a form I have to change another Pokemon I generally enjoy, just to see it.

For those who say "Don't use it", it's not like I don't intend to not use it. It's not an issue about usage. It's more along the lines of legendary Pokemon are slowly getting new forms more and more for the sake of the movies, or manga, whatever you prefer. It really adds nothing to the game as much as say, if the Pokemon was entirely on it's own, aka not being a form.

It's becoming common. I enjoyed catching all the Genie trio. I never bothered with the forms they have, because, well, why should I? Press a button, use a specific item, stand somewhere specific, and hey, your legendary looks different. It has some different stats, maybe a move. So? Give me a new Pokemon thats legendary. Something WORTH getting excited about. Not this Mewtwo monster.

My thoughts. Lets not crucify each other now for having an opinion. Or at least, TRY not to.

This.^

Thanks TC.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#9War_Flame28Posted 4/15/2013 1:03:40 AM
gamezrochard posted...
It's becoming common.

This is why I don't like it. It was pretty cool when it was a rare thing such as Deoxys or Giratina, but now they do it too much in my opinion. Suppose I'll leave it at that.