This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

these games would be better without rivals

#11TherianReturnsPosted 4/15/2013 4:04:58 AM
Excess-Fat posted...
The HGSS rival was hard as nails though, not gonna lie.

You're joking, right?
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#12mralpha543Posted 4/15/2013 4:05:05 AM
Wait there're rivals? Since when?
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
#13LexifoxPosted 4/15/2013 4:05:39 AM
TherianReturns posted...
Excess-Fat posted...

You're joking, right?

Be nice. There's nothing wrong with having HG/SS as your first game.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#14Excess-FatPosted 4/15/2013 4:07:38 AM
TherianReturns posted...
Excess-Fat posted...

You're joking, right?

No, why would I be? He was actually more along the lines of an antagonistic villain than a rival in my eyes, that's probably why i didn't mind him.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#15TherianReturnsPosted 4/15/2013 4:08:49 AM
Excess-Fat posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Excess-Fat posted...

You're joking, right?

No, why would I be? He was actually more along the lines of an antagonistic villain than a rival in my eyes, that's probably why i didn't mind him.

Oh, you mean his persona

Guess you're right, considering the other rivals
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#16Excess-FatPosted 4/15/2013 4:13:10 AM
TherianReturns posted...
Excess-Fat posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Excess-Fat posted...

You're joking, right?

Oh, you mean his persona

Guess you're right, considering the other rivals

I see, you thought i meant hard as in difficult. I was gonna use another word to describe him but the mod monitoring this board has a sick trigger finger.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#17supremeblasterPosted 4/15/2013 4:27:21 AM
Agree to an extent, but for different reasons. I think the games after Gen II would be better off without the rivals they have currently. All of the rivals after Gen II just weren't insulting enough to warrant being declared a rival. Barry, Hugh etc all are much closer to being your friend than being a rival.

You never really felt bad when you lost to them, and neither did you feel particularly good when you defeated them.

In Gen I and II however, your rivals were ******** and everytime they came on screen, you just wanted to kick their arses.
#18Excess-FatPosted 4/15/2013 4:33:37 AM
^This^ x 10000000! You nailed it.
---
#19CakeOfLiesPosted 4/15/2013 4:36:25 AM
supremeblaster posted...
Agree to an extent, but for different reasons. I think the games after Gen II would be better off without the rivals they have currently. All of the rivals after Gen II just weren't insulting enough to warrant being declared a rival. Barry, Hugh etc all are much closer to being your friend than being a rival.

You never really felt bad when you lost to them, and neither did you feel particularly good when you defeated them.

In Gen I and II however, your rivals were ******** and everytime they came on screen, you just wanted to kick their arses.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.