This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does anyone think we're getting the starter evolutions?

#1EnferolunosPosted 4/15/2013 7:31:51 AM
Gen V: We didn't (legit) get the starter evolutions until 3 days before the launch of the game
Gen IV: We never got the starter evos
Gen III: Blaziken was revealed before the starters, but as far as I can tell, wasn't stated to be an evo of torchic until after the games came out (Serebii's 2002 archives are not great)
I don't dare search for gen II

So why are people expecting them anytime before October? It's ridiculous.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#2OCShoesPosted 4/15/2013 7:41:59 AM
Enferolunos posted...
It's ridiculous.

Whoa, being hyped for a game != being ridiculous, lol. People are just really excited, chill.
---
4 / 10 - Poor - game is unremarkable and flawed
The Official Latios of Everything
#3Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 7:43:52 AM
OCShoes posted...
Enferolunos posted...
It's ridiculous.

Whoa, being hyped for a game != being ridiculous, lol. People are just really excited, chill.

I didn't say being hyped for a game was being ridiculous. I said expecting starter evolutions anytime even remotely soon is ridiculous.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
#4SlimeStackPosted 4/15/2013 7:49:29 AM
How was Blaziken actually revealed? I just remember seeing it through the anime, which IMO is probably the coolest way to reveal something.
---
Moo
#5Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 7:51:57 AM
SlimeStack posted...
How was Blaziken actually revealed? I just remember seeing it through the anime, which IMO is probably the coolest way to reveal something.

As far as I can tell, it's first appearance was in the anime, but it was announced to be in the anime beforehand, it wasn't a surprise when it happened.
---
#6SlimeStackPosted 4/15/2013 7:54:27 AM
I see. I guess CoroCoro have to sell their magazines and Smash (or early 2000s equivalent) has to sell their news segment to their audience.
---
Moo
#7jayman7Posted 4/15/2013 8:28:10 AM
I keep asking the same question, TC, and have yet to get a satisfactory answer.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere