This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Canon Starters: Gen 5 (Part 2)

#1SilverSockPosted 4/15/2013 4:13:05 PM
Which do you see as the "canon" starter distribution for Black 2/White 2? - Results (34 votes)
Nate/Rosa gets Snivy, Hugh gets Tepig
17.65% (6 votes)
Nate/Rosa gets Tepig, Hugh gets Oshawott
58.82% (20 votes)
Nate/Rosa gets Oshawott, Hugh gets Snivy
23.53% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I wasn't quite sure how to handle this one. The other gender counterpart doesn't play a role in the game's story, but certain media sources show the third starter going to the other protagonist...I made the poll strictly on the in-game basis, so if you like imagine that the unpicked starter goes with the unpicked protagonist.

Anyway, this marks the end of this series of polls. Obviously it's a little soon to say who gets what for gen 6.

Here's the winners thus far:
Gen 1-Red gets Charmander, Blue gets Squirtle (26.32%)*
Gen 2-Gold gets Cyndaquil, Silver gets Totodile (69.33%)
Gen 3-May gets Torchic, Brendan gets Mudkip (51.28%)
Gen 4-Lucas gets Turtwig, Barry gets Chimchar, Dawn gets Piplup (56.52%)
Gen 5-Hilda/Hilbert gets Oshawott, Cheren gets Snivy, Bianca gets Tepig (65.96%)

*Technically "other" won this poll, but seeing as almost all "other" votes went unexplained, combined with my suspicions that someone flooded the poll, what with over 100 votes for other in the span of 30 minutes when it had 0 beforehand, I'm declaring the Charmander/Squirtle combo the winner.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 4/15/2013 4:15:02 PM
I say Nate either gets Snivy or Oshawott.
Tepig sucks just like Hugh and Snivy just has the rival look... Just like Hugh.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3CharizardFirePosted 4/15/2013 5:45:10 PM
The other gender counterpart doesn't play a role in the game's story

Not true. You see said counterpart in Nimbasa City.

Anyway, my pick, for obvious reasons, is this:
Nate gets Tepig
Hugh gets Oshawott
Rosa gets Snivy
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#4DonniedonzPosted 4/15/2013 5:47:37 PM
Well one could argue that the special Anime trailers were the "canon" selection of starters. Nate had Emboar, Rosa had Serperior, and Hugh at Samurott.
---
Well, well, well... What do we have here?
#5SilverSock(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 6:48:22 PM(edited)
CharizardFire posted...
The other gender counterpart doesn't play a role in the game's story

Not true. You see said counterpart in Nimbasa City.

Anyway, my pick, for obvious reasons, is this:
Nate gets Tepig
Hugh gets Oshawott
Rosa gets Snivy

Must've forgotten that. Do you ever battle them? I at least don't remember them being involved in the story to the extent of the other alternate protagonists...Do they have the starter that wasn't picked?
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#6EchoPhoenixPosted 4/15/2013 7:11:52 PM(edited)
SilverSock posted...
Must've forgotten that. Do you ever battle them? I at least don't remember them being involved in the story to the extent of the other alternate protagonists...Do they have the starter that wasn't picked?

You battle with them against the Subway Bosses, and they get the middle form of the starter that's weak to yours.
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 4/15/2013 7:10:30 PM
EchoPhoenix posted...
SilverSock posted...

You battle with them against the Subway Bosses, and they get the starter that's weak to yours.

They get the middle form; that is enough that you can wi-fi trade for the starter line.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#8EchoPhoenixPosted 4/15/2013 7:12:57 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
They get the middle form; that is enough that you can wi-fi trade for the starter line.

I kept on trying to be more specific and rephrase it with stuff like "second-stage" or "first-evolution stage", but that kept making it sound like they either got the final form or the first form of the starter. >_>