This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is charizard liked?

#71PG50Posted 4/19/2013 12:58:19 PM
Because I like his design, I don't fight competitively, and some amount of nostalgia. It's not ALL nostalgia, I still think he looks cool even if he's useless competitively. It's easy to look past that in single player because the games are easy.
#72EpsteinBarrPosted 4/19/2013 2:20:09 PM
When was a 109 sp atk average? Without Stealth Rock, I'm sure a Solar Powered Charizard could do some damage, at least in the UU tier. Charizard usually was around UU to BL until Gen IV, with its heyday in Gen II being Bellyzard.
#73MightyRevenantPosted 4/19/2013 2:33:03 PM
Why is Pokémon liked?
Why is Nintendo liked?
Why is video gaming liked?
---
Official Eviolite of the pretentious Pokemon fanbase on GameFAQs.
#74LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:34:32 PM
Can't all of you like charizard and other fire starters. Seriously. I grew up with red and blue, but pokemon only really was fun when I got fire red and ruby. Now tell me, charizard is nice, but you're not going to obsess about him are you? Because most people I know only say charizard when they think of pokemon and when I try to show them new ones they obsess over charizard.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#75EpsteinBarrPosted 4/19/2013 2:49:15 PM(edited)
LightningAce11 posted...
Can't all of you like charizard and other fire starters. Seriously. I grew up with red and blue, but pokemon only really was fun when I got fire red and ruby. Now tell me, charizard is nice, but you're not going to obsess about him are you? Because most people I know only say charizard when they think of pokemon and when I try to show them new ones they obsess over charizard.

I like Typhlosion. I can't get myself to like the other fire starters. A fire chicken, a monkey, and a flaming pig just doesn't do it for me. Different strokes I guess.
#76LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:50:00 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
LightningAce11 posted...

I like Typhlosion. I can't get myself to like the other fire starters. A fire chicken, a monkey, and a flaming pig just doesn't do it for me. Different strokes I guess.

Okay, then. I personally like the monkey the best. I only like zard in hgss because he looks pretty cool in it.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#77iKhanicPosted 4/19/2013 3:02:03 PM
LightningAce11 posted...

I like 2 of the other fire starters. Typhlosion and Blaziken. But Typhlosion is outclassed in appearance/nostalgic appeal by its preevolutions IMO, and Blaziken is hardly nostalgic at all. I don't like monkeys, and Emboar is ugly.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US