This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ghost of Maiden's Peak was the single best thing to come out of the anime

#11NessEggmanPosted 4/15/2013 7:55:45 PM
Yeah, that episode was cool.

I do wish there were little sub-stories and events to the story part of the games. They wouldn't have to be constant, and wouldn't have to drive the story. Or, they could have the subquests you can do post-game have more story to them like that.

Not just like... oh look, a cave I couldn't go in before. *travel for a while... find legendary*
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#12roo10158Posted 4/15/2013 8:53:02 PM(edited)
the first saga is my all time favorite (DP is second, Advanced Generation is third, Johto is a distant fourth, and BW is a very distant fifth), and episodes like that is the reason why.

This, the three part arc dealing with Sabrina, The Flame Pokemon-athon, Clefairy Tales, etc are my all time favorite episodes.

out of all the episodes I wish would inspire the games has to be 'The Wacky Watcher', though. Very loosely, but inspired nonetheless. I would love a sidequest where you assist a pokemon professor or archaeologist discover something, like how Ash and friends helped the wacky watcher uncover more about the mysteries of Magikarp

---
My opinions on Mass Effect in a nutshell: ME1- great, ME2- masterpiece, ME3- great but underrated. The post-extended cut ending is just fine, but a little weak.
#13AlI_About_The_UPosted 4/15/2013 8:53:00 PM
I liked the mongoose.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg
#14PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/15/2013 11:49:56 PM
Ghost of Maiden's Peak is a jewel compared to season 1 though, not many episodes in it really stand the test of time.

DP is my favorite saga, and had a pretty awesome ghost episode with the girl wanting to drag everyone in the summer school to hell with her. Unova would have taken that honor, if any sembalance of character consistancy didn't get tossed out the window. Which is a shame, because it's ghost episode with the Litwick was amazing.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#15DarkDragon386Posted 4/16/2013 10:46:11 AM
I liked the SS Anne arc to Tentacool and Tentacruel. I think Ghost of Maiden's peak was after that.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#16EdwardoMario16Posted 4/19/2013 6:07:51 PM
Ghost Of Maiden's Peak is the lone standout in a season that hasn't aged well. It's kind of hard to watch the First series now. The Three-Parter with Sabrina and the episode were TR became Gym Leaders were the only ones I seem to remember.

The first series wins on Nostalgia Value, but the DPP series is solid stuff.

Followed by Advanced Generation and Orange Islands.

Then there's gutter trash like Johto and B&W. Makes you wonder how could they go from something so good (Sinnoh League) to such bland mediocrity (Black & White)?
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#17lulzacePosted 4/19/2013 6:10:13 PM
AlI_About_The_U posted...
I liked the mongoose.

in hindsight its kinda fail they made a mongoose based pokemon
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!
#18Genericgamer667Posted 4/19/2013 7:24:40 PM
nope

JAMES WITH BOOBS!!
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#19Cheesepower5Posted 4/19/2013 7:32:09 PM
Pokemon should pull a Dragon Quest and give most of the towns awesome sub-stories. Especially if they're as good as DQVII's.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board