This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any pokemon of a particular type that you have never use?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are there any pokemon of a particular type that you have never use?

User Info: nhfilk

nhfilk
3 years ago#1
Or at least, rarely ever used.

For me, I don't recall ever using any Rock, Bug, Fire, Psychic, or Ice type pokemon much after playing through Generations 1 to 5.

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
3 years ago#2
I rarely ever used Fire-types.
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"It's Faaan-daaan-gooo! Breathe the A's in." -Fandango

User Info: Sephirotht

Sephirotht
3 years ago#3
Poison and Dark, not really using them a lot.
Steel, Ghost and Fighting just a little more.
Officially faved Ninetales, everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
Facebook: http://alturl.com/juupo

User Info: MaveCryst

MaveCryst
3 years ago#4
I never used poison till Scolipede. I rarely use ice and psychic, which is unfortunate cos ice is actually one of my favourites.. I just rarely use em because there are so little good ice types around :/ Gen 1 I actually went around with Dewgong just so I could have an ice type on my team, beat the game with it (didn't want to use Articuno cos it felt like cheating at the time, now I don't give a **** :P)

I have never used Fighting, at all through all the generations, unless you count the fire starter pokemons. Which I discard very soon anyway, haven't liked the starters since gen 3. I just don't like Fighting types for some reason, either the design or just the general theme.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#5
Aside from Yellow version when its the best option to get past Bock, I never ever use bug types. Pretty much ever bug type that I like is terrible, and ever bug type that is good I don't like or has to be traded (e.g. Scizor)

I also don't remember ever using a Rock or Poison.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: primusnine

primusnine
3 years ago#6
I don't use Steel much. Or Rock.

I seem to main Normal, Bug and Fighting, with some Dark and Ghost in there.

Very rarely use Fire or Grass types, but not for lack of loving them!
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180

User Info: Melcheesedek

Melcheesedek
3 years ago#7
I can't remember the last Ice type I used. It certainly wasn't recent, that's for sure. I even occasionally look at a list of them, thinking "Okay, I'm going to find one I want to add to my team"... and I always realize that none of them are really that appealing.
"...Are you crying?"
"Of course not, it's liquid pride. Totally different thing."
-Shining Armor

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
3 years ago#8
Normal, flying and electric. Normal is boring as hell and doesn't help with type coverage one bit. Almost all flyers are boring normals that look like the common pidgeon. I hate that HMs still exist to force me into using a flyer.

Electric is actually great, but have you noticed how very few pokemon are actually electric? And how few of those have a cool dual type? I have already used all the cool ones after 4-5 playthroughs of these games over the years. I'd rather just grab a cool psychic/dark/ghost with high SP atk and give it Thunderbolt. Lanturn is an exception, that thing is just too awesome.
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake

User Info: Kitschgardener

Kitschgardener
3 years ago#9
Normal, flying and electric.

I thought I was the only one.

-Basically ANYTHING is better than most Normal-types in-game. I replayed FR recently and soloed it with a Blastoise until I got to the Safari Zone because the distribution of types is woeful until that point, mostly because of all the Normal-types.
-Ugh, I hate it when GF puts the regional bird everywhere until late game when you can finally get some fliers with decent movepools (Unova was great for this: Golurk, Hydreigon and Volcarona all have good coverage with three moves and can use Fly).
-Electrics have precious little in terms of movepools and I don't rely on Hidden Power in-game so they're basically stuck with their most powerful STAB.

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
3 years ago#10
Aside from Yellow version when its the best option to get past Bock, I never ever use bug types. Pretty much ever bug type that I like is terrible, and ever bug type that is good I don't like or has to be traded (e.g. Scizor)

I also don't remember ever using a Rock or Poison.

You can catch a Mankey on Route 22.
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are there any pokemon of a particular type that you have never use?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived