This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any pokemon of a particular type that you have never use?

#1nhfilkPosted 4/16/2013 2:25:57 AM
Or at least, rarely ever used.

For me, I don't recall ever using any Rock, Bug, Fire, Psychic, or Ice type pokemon much after playing through Generations 1 to 5.
#2ColtCababaPosted 4/16/2013 2:29:18 AM
I rarely ever used Fire-types.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"It's Faaan-daaan-gooo! Breathe the A's in." -Fandango
#3SephirothtPosted 4/16/2013 2:33:48 AM
Poison and Dark, not really using them a lot.
Steel, Ghost and Fighting just a little more.
---
Officially faved Ninetales, everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
Facebook: http://alturl.com/juupo
#4MaveCrystPosted 4/16/2013 2:36:48 AM
I never used poison till Scolipede. I rarely use ice and psychic, which is unfortunate cos ice is actually one of my favourites.. I just rarely use em because there are so little good ice types around :/ Gen 1 I actually went around with Dewgong just so I could have an ice type on my team, beat the game with it (didn't want to use Articuno cos it felt like cheating at the time, now I don't give a **** :P)

I have never used Fighting, at all through all the generations, unless you count the fire starter pokemons. Which I discard very soon anyway, haven't liked the starters since gen 3. I just don't like Fighting types for some reason, either the design or just the general theme.
#5iKhanicPosted 4/16/2013 2:37:05 AM
Aside from Yellow version when its the best option to get past Bock, I never ever use bug types. Pretty much ever bug type that I like is terrible, and ever bug type that is good I don't like or has to be traded (e.g. Scizor)

I also don't remember ever using a Rock or Poison.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6primusninePosted 4/16/2013 2:46:23 AM
I don't use Steel much. Or Rock.

I seem to main Normal, Bug and Fighting, with some Dark and Ghost in there.

Very rarely use Fire or Grass types, but not for lack of loving them!
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#7MelcheesedekPosted 4/16/2013 3:15:57 AM
I can't remember the last Ice type I used. It certainly wasn't recent, that's for sure. I even occasionally look at a list of them, thinking "Okay, I'm going to find one I want to add to my team"... and I always realize that none of them are really that appealing.
---
"...Are you crying?"
"Of course not, it's liquid pride. Totally different thing."
-Shining Armor
#8VegantoKeensPosted 4/16/2013 3:21:51 AM
Normal, flying and electric. Normal is boring as hell and doesn't help with type coverage one bit. Almost all flyers are boring normals that look like the common pidgeon. I hate that HMs still exist to force me into using a flyer.

Electric is actually great, but have you noticed how very few pokemon are actually electric? And how few of those have a cool dual type? I have already used all the cool ones after 4-5 playthroughs of these games over the years. I'd rather just grab a cool psychic/dark/ghost with high SP atk and give it Thunderbolt. Lanturn is an exception, that thing is just too awesome.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#9KitschgardenerPosted 4/16/2013 3:30:24 AM(edited)
Normal, flying and electric.

I thought I was the only one.

-Basically ANYTHING is better than most Normal-types in-game. I replayed FR recently and soloed it with a Blastoise until I got to the Safari Zone because the distribution of types is woeful until that point, mostly because of all the Normal-types.
-Ugh, I hate it when GF puts the regional bird everywhere until late game when you can finally get some fliers with decent movepools (Unova was great for this: Golurk, Hydreigon and Volcarona all have good coverage with three moves and can use Fly).
-Electrics have precious little in terms of movepools and I don't rely on Hidden Power in-game so they're basically stuck with their most powerful STAB.
#10ThatKippPosted 4/16/2013 4:49:45 AM
Aside from Yellow version when its the best option to get past Bock, I never ever use bug types. Pretty much ever bug type that I like is terrible, and ever bug type that is good I don't like or has to be traded (e.g. Scizor)

I also don't remember ever using a Rock or Poison.

You can catch a Mankey on Route 22.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725