This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't think this game will be good at all

#41TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/18/2013 4:01:49 PM
wingblade98 posted...
handhelds like 3ds are dime a dozen

Where are you buying them that they are that cheap?
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#42Arne83Posted 4/18/2013 4:10:13 PM
Ohai Fritz.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#43Oceans_1Posted 4/18/2013 4:12:17 PM
Fritz8x0 posted...
This is a loaded statement, allow me to explain:

The onld pokemon games were amazing, but also didn't try to show off. They were simple and fun little games that many people now can program in visual basic or flash. There's this whole retro factor I could get into but I won't.

Step in the corridinance gen, making a big leap to the console; 3D.

3D is now going to make the leap to more professional looking graphics and not the retro chram the others had. Here inlays the problem:

The game is going to look bad to the eyes of critics because of it's lack of solitude that fits the standards of todays gaming.

What I mean is, Pokemon wants to keep it's basic style, but by them going 3D, unless they really go all out and have anime cutscenes, rotational camera, anime 3D fights, then it will look like a basic 3D element added to a simple game and give the illusion this will be a bad game.

Now I could get into the retro factor, or how good graphics =/= good game, but I won't. We're gamers, but there's a new term on what a gamer is. It has been accecpted into socity, and it no longer means what we think it means. Most "gamers", are people who play the most top gen stuff for the best graphics.

Nintendo making the 3Ds is proof that most gamers are wanting better graphics.

Therefore, to conclude, pokemon better show off some clean and clear eye candy, or it will not be good.

I didn't feel like going through 5 pages of "FRITZ IS BACK" so I'm going to assume this is going to be the only post as of yet to discuss what you said. ((By the way, saw the vid, pretty brave to post that video, I thought so anyways))

First if all, I am one of those kind of gamers who judge by how fun a game is, rather than graphics and stuff like that. Although I understand a little why GameFreak chose this route. First off, the fans do tend to come first. If they published a pokemon game for the 3ds without the use of 3d... there would be such a back lash and rage, it wouldn't be worth it. Besides, it's always nice to experiment with new ideas, so maybe the 3d will be pretty cool to look at. You should at least check some gameplay trailers or try a demo of the 3d before you condemn the game.

Also, critics shouldn't mean anything. The final judgement should be made by the actual player. So if they start saying "Oh the graphics suck 3/10" then ignore them and play for yourself, after all, isn't that what being a gamer is all about? Playing games you like?

I guess my main point here is that graphics don't make the game, so before you decide to toss this game away take into consideration some of the other things that make the game so great. Besides, the graphics might even grow on you, like the 3d models of Virtue's Last Reward grew on me, even if I did hate them at first.
#44JiggsMasterPosted 4/18/2013 4:15:50 PM
Fritz8x0 posted...
I recently read a studyon how people who are wrong and know they are wrong try to change the subject to someting else. Much like taking the spot light off their wrong opinions

Lol. You win
---
I don't listen to authority when authority is filled with dumbasses
#45KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/18/2013 4:25:43 PM
Good lord, this board is way too easy...

Welcome back, Fritz. Do it right.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#46Oceans_1Posted 4/18/2013 4:36:36 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Good lord, this board is way too easy...

Welcome back, Fritz. Do it right.

You mean... he wasn't being serious....?

*Camera crew comes in*

"YOU JUST GOT TROOOOLED!"

Me: :,(
#47KyrieIrvingPosted 4/18/2013 4:40:45 PM
All hail Fritz!
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif