This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are we as a community ready to admit umbreon is the worst pokemon?

#41VegantoKeensPosted 4/17/2013 12:17:52 PM(edited)
Oh come one, they call that dark, evil in Japan even? It looks a cross bred of a puppy and a bunny. The only thing dark about it is its dark colour.

Stat wise it seems pretty solid, move pool could be better, but its nice. It's certainly no Tyranitar or Hydreigon though. Now those are dark types.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#42Great_ReapettePosted 4/17/2013 12:15:39 PM(edited)
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Umbreon's not even the worst Eeveelution.

</Flareon>

This is true.
---
-One hundred and nine characters of space for rent-
#43VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/17/2013 12:16:57 PM(edited)
Dark Type isn't about being evil. It's about fighting dirty, using underhanded tactics, etc. Think of it more like a Rogue Class character in traditional Western RPGs. Conversely, Fighting Type is more about fighting with honor, which is more akin to a Fighter or Paladin in WRPGs.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#44pokemonfreak97Posted 4/17/2013 12:17:26 PM
ryudin89 posted...
Instead of picking on Umbreon we should be voting on something that actually deserves the hate.

Like luvdisc or spinda or dunsperce......

Dunsparce can be made awesome in Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity; give it Coil and Rollout and it'll take everything out in one turn except a few bosses. (After Coil boosts)
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#45pokemonzeroPosted 4/17/2013 12:19:20 PM
Magikarp
/topic
---
Volunteer at DWP. Jobs done 23--- William FC: 0648-5041-0950
Official Fire/Psychic Fennekin Evolution of every pokemon Gen 7 board.
#46VegantoKeensPosted 4/17/2013 12:25:07 PM
I'm not going into what the Dark type is supposed to be. Its physical moves are about dirty fighting, but attacks like Dark Pulse and Dark Void are obviously attacks of concentrated pure evil. Houndoom is a hellhound. Darkrai brings endless nightmares. Hydreigon is a mythological monster, being a ****ing three headed grim reaping dragon has nothing to do with dirty fighting.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#47VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/17/2013 12:31:49 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
I'm not going into what the Dark type is supposed to be. Its physical moves are about dirty fighting, but attacks like Dark Pulse and Dark Void are obviously attacks of concentrated pure evil. Houndoom is a hellhound. Darkrai brings endless nightmares. Hydreigon is a mythological monster, being a ****ing three headed grim reaping dragon has nothing to do with dirty fighting.

Even if we disregard what Dark Type actually represents and go solely by what you think Dark Type is, Umbreon can very easily fit that requirement. Evil comes in many forms, from great to small, hideous to beautiful. Some of the most heinous acts in history and mythology have been carried out by individuals who appear completely normal, or even extremely beautiful. So, for all you know, Umbreon could be the most evil of Pokemon in a cute package...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#48NeoFalconHavokPosted 4/17/2013 12:35:53 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Spelled Lucario wrong.

---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#49MarbychuPosted 4/17/2013 12:37:24 PM
That's an odd way of spelling Charizard TC.
---
Official Team Miror Infinity Admin!!! Shadow Pokemon: Pikagod!
#50RunebogglePosted 4/17/2013 12:45:14 PM
Conversely, Fighting Type is more about fighting with honor, which is more akin to a Fighter or Paladin in WRPGs.

>Fighter
>fighting with honor

You've obviously never seen a Brawler Fighter in D&D.
---
Si || Kibeth, the Walker