This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there really 'too many' fire/fighting types?

#11superM3Posted 4/16/2013 9:56:06 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
My only issue is that Blaziken was awesome. Infernape was cool. Then Emboar is just a sumo with a pig head and fire.

I wouldn't mind another fire/fighting honestly as long as it isn't as ugly as Emboar.

yeah this, definitely. additionally, fire fighting is great offensive typing.
---
The weird tree attacked!
#12Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/16/2013 9:56:45 PM
I will be very sad if Fennekin's evolutions are not Fire/Psychic.
#13EnferolunosPosted 4/16/2013 10:23:58 PM
emeraldfox_09 posted...
kwando1313 posted...
Too many Fire/Fighting starters.

There are too many pure water and pure grass type starters too.

That's different. Only about half the starters pick up a secondary typing, so it's not really a requirement. The ones that do get a secondary typing should make it interesting, so having the same secondary types 3 gens in a row is really silly.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#14AlI_About_The_UPosted 4/16/2013 10:27:36 PM
I love Fire/Fighting starters, and there are not enough of them, in my opinion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg
#15TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/16/2013 10:45:26 PM
superM3 posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
My only issue is that Blaziken was awesome. Infernape was cool. Then Emboar is just a sumo with a pig head and fire.

I wouldn't mind another fire/fighting honestly as long as it isn't as ugly as Emboar.

yeah this, definitely. additionally, fire fighting is great offensive typing.

I remember I always had my Blaziken outfitted with Double Kick, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, and Fire Blast. It would basically burn through the E4 with just Double Kick and a shell bell equipped healing him. None of my friends could beat me because while I only had that one level 100 and a bunch of 70s and 80s they couldn't get passed that Blaziken. (not much considering I only had 2 friends)

Granted now if I had that Blaziken and went online I am sure I would get crushed by anyone who knows what they are doing but among friends I was unstoppable.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#16iKhanicPosted 4/16/2013 10:54:52 PM
emeraldfox_09 posted...
I only count six Pokemon of the fire/fighting type. Is six really too many out of 649(655)?

Yes. Multiple lines of pokemon have the fire/fighting and fire/flying type. Other fire dual types are exclusive to a single line (unless you count Darmanitan-Z)
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#17Grammar_manPosted 4/20/2013 3:18:45 PM
Enferolunos posted...
emeraldfox_09 posted...
kwando1313 posted...
Too many Fire/Fighting starters.

There are too many pure water and pure grass type starters too.

That's different. Only about half the starters pick up a secondary typing, so it's not really a requirement. The ones that do get a secondary typing should make it interesting, so having the same secondary types 3 gens in a row is really silly.

...Except the reusage of Single types on starters is ****in lazy in itself. I have more of an issue with that than with the F/F Starters. Single types that aren't Flying are a bloated bunch.

At least Fire/Fighters aren't Part of groups of 16 fully evolved mons(grass), or even 28 fully evolved mon with the exact same typing. While they may share typing with eachother... at least they don't share it with others.
#18CakeOfLiesPosted 4/20/2013 3:22:16 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
I will be very sad if Fennekin's evolutions are not Fire/Psychic.

Why do people want this?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#19Human-BeanPosted 4/20/2013 3:28:11 PM
Fennekin should evolve into a Fire/ Love typed Pokemon.
---
The bean represents the poop; one of the greatests substances created by men. ~stargazer64
#20KajagogoPosted 4/20/2013 3:38:43 PM
It depends on the animal I guess, like TPS said, Blaziken and Infernape were great while Embor was lacking a lot.

I would LOVE a fire/fighting rabbit starter.