This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst gen 5 designs?

#1iKhanicPosted 4/17/2013 3:35:43 AM
I'll probably do this for the other 4 gens too, but gen 5 sticks out to me as having the most bad designs (although I still really like most of the designs)

IMO, Volcarona, Garbodor, Seismitoad, The Kami's, and the Kyurem forms are all really bad. Accelgor's not really bad, it just really makes me confused.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2TherianReturnsPosted 4/17/2013 3:47:07 AM
In a "shocking" twist of fate, I personally think the Therian-forme version of the genies look stupid. But a true Pokemon fan like me, only cares about how they do in battle.
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#3King-gamerPosted 4/17/2013 3:48:51 AM
I think the therian formes are okay. Only Tornadus looks weird. Some weird human bird hybrid.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#4SkylaIsMyWifePosted 4/17/2013 3:55:18 AM
KELDEO!!!

and i hate that thing Karrablast evolves into. Looks too unnatural...
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZKnlH.jpg -my girlfriend <3
http://i.imgur.com/JN9dp.jpg -I love her so much ^_^
#5DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/17/2013 4:01:14 AM
IMO, Volcarona,

nah

Garbodor,

yep

Seismitoad,

yep

The Kami's,

yep, Thundurus-T is cool though

and the Kyurem forms are all really bad.

NOOOOOOOOOOO
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 4:04:09 AM
SkylaIsMyWife posted...
KELDEO!!!

and i hate that thing Karrablast evolves into. Looks too unnatural...

I hate Keldeo, but not because of its design. I hate it's typing, which doesn't match it's design in the slightest.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7thesageunowknowPosted 4/17/2013 4:05:43 AM
There are no bad Pokemon designs. Anything opposing that statement is clearly false.
---
http://shannaro.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/picture-121.png
#8LexifoxPosted 4/17/2013 4:22:49 AM
In Pokedex Order...

1. Simisear.
Pansage evolves into a biker/greaser sort of Pokemon. It looks aggressive and badass and simply "cool", while working against the stereotype that Grass-types are more passive and delicate Pokemon. Panpour evolves into a peaceful-looking and serene Pokemon, which doesn't break much of an image, but it still gives a quiet and gentle look, combined with a fountain. I do not know what the hell Simisear is.

I am told that its body looks a volcano. We can see this in the shape of its body, which comes off as extremely chubby, almost potbellied. The tail and "hair" are meant to look like flame or smoke, but they just looks like it's extremely ungroomed. The ears are far too wide. Overall, the Pokemon just looks like an unkempt clown. Pansear goes from a cool-looking litte guy who does not, as they say, "give a ****", to this fat, derpy-looking clown.

2. Seismitoad
Tympole is a cute little thing with a nice musical theme in its shape. It has "headphones", speakers, and musical note eyebrows. This theme more or less fades as it evolves, which seems almost counterunitive - one would think the musical theme would become more pronounced. When the evolution is complete, Seismitoad is just a big collection of "roundness": Round warts on a round body, with round arms made up of round lumps connected together, and the musical theme is all but gone.

3. Tornadus-T
The much maligned Kami Trio is one that I actually like. Everyone will ***** that they look too alike, but I don't care. They're based on similar concepts, so why not? Then the Therian Formes came out and there was hope and rejoicing. Mighty Landorus becamse a ferocious cat. Proud Thundurus becomes a limbed serpent in the sky, clawed arms spread to provoke bros to come at him.

Tornadus assumed the obvious forme of a bird... then put on a purple bra, gave himself a cute little red jewel for his bellybutton, and then just went peacock on us. Step down, man. Step down.

Runner up? Garbodor. Looks so cool, but those trash-ball things on its head are just silly. Lose them and I'll love you so much more <3
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9mariobros01Posted 4/17/2013 4:40:44 AM
iKhanic posted...
I'll probably do this for the other 4 gens too, but gen 5 sticks out to me as having the most bad designs (although I still really like most of the designs)

IMO, Volcarona, Garbodor, Seismitoad, The Kami's, and the Kyurem forms are all really bad. Accelgor's not really bad, it just really makes me confused.

What is the Kami Trio anyway?
---
Owner Of The Mario Kart Arcade GP DX Board.
#10LexifoxPosted 4/17/2013 4:42:09 AM
mariobros01 posted...
iKhanic posted...

What is the Kami Trio anyway?

Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod