This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon's type?

#141NekoHime64Posted 4/17/2013 10:19:35 PM
WilhuffTarkin posted...
Gen III remakes confirmed.

If only...
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#142chtma653Posted 4/17/2013 10:21:56 PM
Bug or Ghost type.

Look at the other Eevees in that pic. Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Glacion, and Leafeon have backdrops that quite obviously represent their types. Those types also have good physical representation. With Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon, not so much. None of those really look like definitive Normal, Psychic, or Dark types, but no other backdrops would since their types are closer to concepts. (They could maybe replace Umbreon with an Umbreon silhouette to represent Dark, but that'd be a bad idea for a movie trailer.) Basically, the other Eevees are being as obvious about their types as they possibly can be, so Sylveon is likely doing the same thing. With that, we can rule out Poison, Steel, and Flying. Poison would look similar to Koffing or Grimer. Steel would be totally obvious. Flying would be wings or a cloud. Dragon is possible if that oval is a dragon scale, but unlikely. Sylveon doesn't look reptilian at all. If Sylveon's a bug, that oval could represent an egg or a cocoon. Those eyes look like they could be compound and those butterfly-like shapes certainly point to bug. If Sylveon's a ghost, that oval is as close to ghost as anything. That wing-like object is partially obscuring its portrait, which could point to it being ethereal. Those could be lifeless eyes.
---
I, do, no,t, hav,e, a, c,o,m,m,a, p,ro,,,b,,l,em,,,,,
You may not include spoiler tags in your signature :(
#143AlI_About_The_UPosted 4/17/2013 10:27:29 PM
Don't worry, I've arrived! ^_^

Yesss
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg
#144DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/17/2013 10:31:23 PM
Looking at that trailer… Yeah, I don't see how it can be anything other than Normal or a new type. Really, does anything in the last bit of that trailer indicate any type at all?

Fighting: lol
Flying: It hasn't been seen flying at all. In the trailer it opens a portal to some sort of alternate dimension. This used to be my #1 most likely type, but jeez, nothing we've seen really points to Flying at all.
Poison: Nothing to indicate this but the bright colors and sharp teeth, two traits of poisonous animals in real life. Not the least likely type, but given the trailer… Why poison, you know?
Ground: It's too slender and not brown.
Rock: It's too squishy-looking.
Bug: Bah, I am not big on the bug bandwagon. Basically, its Japanese name is Nymphia. Nymph = Bug? Even more important, its German name is Feelinara. Fee is German for Fairy. Fairy = Bug?
Dragon: There are no Dragon-type Pokémon based on mammals. There's Reshiram, but it's based on basically every type of animal.
Ghost: Maybe. Just maybe. If it were a ghost, it would be able to open a portal to another dimension. There's not much ghostliness in the dimension we see, however, so I'm skeptical.
Steel: lol

As for Normal, it wins among the existing types simply by being the go-to type for gimmick Pokémon. See Ditto, Eevee, Castform, Kecleon, Arceus.

Could we stop the Sylv- debates? We already know what its name refers to. Its German name refers to "fairy" and its Japanese name refers to "nymph". It doesn't matter if there's some bugs that have "Sylv-" in their name. Sylveon appears to be singing the alternate dimension into existence, so what does this tell us? It's singing some kind of magic spell. Definitely some kind of fairy thing. It doesn't hurt that Meowth falls in love with it. I don't believe that GF still believes in the Fairy = Normal line of thinking (though I could be wrong) so introducing a new type to fit Sylveon seems the most likely course of action.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#145xyzlacticPosted 4/17/2013 10:38:18 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Looking at that trailer… Yeah, I don't see how it can be anything other than Normal or a new type. Really, does anything in the last bit of that trailer indicate any type at all?

Flying: It hasn't been seen flying at all. In the trailer it opens a portal to some sort of alternate dimension. This used to be my #1 most likely type, but jeez, nothing we've seen really points to Flying at all.
Poison: Nothing to indicate this but the bright colors and sharp teeth, two traits of poisonous animals in real life. Not the least likely type, but given the trailer… Why poison, you know?
Bug: Bah, I am not big on the bug bandwagon. Basically, its Japanese name is Nymphia. Nymph = Bug? Even more important, its German name is Feelinara. Fee is German for Fairy. Fairy = Bug?
Dragon: There are no Dragon-type Pokémon based on mammals. There's Reshiram, but it's based on basically every type of animal.
Ghost: Maybe. Just maybe. If it were a ghost, it would be able to open a portal to another dimension. There's not much ghostliness in the dimension we see, however, so I'm skeptical.

As for Normal, it wins among the existing types simply by being the go-to type for gimmick Pokémon. See Ditto, Eevee, Castform, Kecleon, Arceus.

Could we stop the Sylv- debates? We already know what its name refers to. Its German name refers to "fairy" and its Japanese name refers to "nymph". It doesn't matter if there's some bugs that have "Sylv-" in their name. Sylveon appears to be singing the alternate dimension into existence, so what does this tell us? It's singing some kind of magic spell. Definitely some kind of fairy thing. It doesn't hurt that Meowth falls in love with it. I don't believe that GF still believes in the Fairy = Normal line of thinking (though I could be wrong) so introducing a new type to fit Sylveon seems the most likely course of action.

You my friend are one of the smart people on here. Thank you :)
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#146LSS_GogetaPosted 4/17/2013 10:38:48 PM
Sylveon is either coloress or the new type LIGHT!
#147PaulMalucciMDPosted 4/17/2013 10:39:42 PM
It looks lile an Egg.

Flying or Dragon.
---
-Sent from one of my four iPads-
#148DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/17/2013 10:41:32 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

That's the first time I've been called smart on an Internet message board. In fact, I think that's the first time I've seen anyone called smart on an Internet message board. Much appreciated.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#149Ricizzle2Posted 4/17/2013 10:43:53 PM
Light!!
#150xyzlacticPosted 4/17/2013 10:46:15 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

That's the first time I've been called smart on an Internet message board. In fact, I think that's the first time I've seen anyone called smart on an Internet message board. Much appreciated.

Most people keep mixing thenames around. They believe sylveon is the same as sylph when in reality it's completely different.
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh