This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon's type?

#231Alphox99Posted 4/19/2013 10:10:29 AM
Arctimon posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Arctimon posted...
I like how Serebii posts this and then immediately gets out of the way. :)

Would be interested to see what type he thinks Sylveon is.

he probally ALREADY KNOWS,i meen he seems to know everything we know 3weeks before we do...

Does he, though?

He is a celebi, he can travel through time, heck he probably knows all the gen 7 'mon.
---
4chan is like McDonald's, too much of it is bad for you and none of it is good.
#232Gamer09ePosted 4/19/2013 10:47:59 AM
RageKaiser posted...
Enferolunos posted...
RageKaiser posted...
Gamer09e posted...
I'd say its a New type (Light type preferably)...

There is nothing anywhere that would even suggest a light type.

Not the pale skin or shiny body or magical glowy abilities it has in the trailer?

Okay, assume that does have something to do with it. Explain what a pink egg shaped thing with a wing has to do with Light?

Explain to me how Espeon icon relate to psychic or Umbreon's to dark? ...

anyways i'm playing devils advocate lets assume that the Icon relate to its type sylveon is in a "Egg" this can simple relate to the fact that sylveon has some type of relation to the "egg group pokemon" such as togepi ,chancey and Clefairy. Now how could sylveon have anything to do with the egg group?, well my theory is that the fairy egg group pokemon are going to be retyped into a new type a light type and are going to be separated from the normal type pokemon and sylveon could simple be part of this new "movement" with its egg icon to prove this.
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#233Milox3Posted 4/19/2013 11:41:39 AM
i'd say new type, it's badge looks more like an egg to me. So maybe that was done on purpose?
---
3DS: 3265 5151 2528 W2: 2151 6007 1173
WiiU/Ps3/RE.net: HuskyTheMilo
#234Arne83Posted 4/19/2013 11:56:08 AM
Renjiro7 posted...
Arne83 posted...
Renjiro7 posted...
Arne83 posted...
I can't stand how many people keep saying "fairy type"... when there's nothing pointing to it or a new type in general. Not saying I'm completely against the idea... I just hope that if it is real, it's based more on the classical "fairy" than the modern one... that way we can get some Unseelie Pokemon.

I think your wasting your time sticking to something that has no evidence for it's existence.

No evidence pointing to it? What about its name that's likely derived from "sylvan" that apparently means fairy?
(Also, Xerneas looks to be another "sylvan".)

We don't know that for sure, it is just speculation at this point. And if it is true, it does not mean that there is going to be a new type.

No, we don't know that for sure, but my point was that there ARE some things that suggest there maybe a new Fairy type, not that these things mean for certain that there will be one.

That's odd... because I don't see anything that suggests any new type at all.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#235Renjiro7Posted 4/19/2013 12:15:18 PM
Arne83 posted...
That's odd... because I don't see anything that suggests any new type at all.

I just...pointed them out to you. At least the possible new type of Fairy.
#236NecroStreak128Posted 4/19/2013 12:15:39 PM
I won't even.
#237Moogle_trainerPosted 4/19/2013 12:29:24 PM
Everyone does this every new gen. They always find reasons to expect a new typing. Based on the current type chart and the fact dark/steel was the last and only additions since gen 1 which only happened to make the game more balanced. Without a real need to rebalance type coverages them adding a new type would only mess things up.

It is possible these hints towards Sylveon being a new type are legit but odds are they are doing all these vague things just to keep the type a secret to keep us all talking about this game everyday in between each reveal.
#238Renjiro7Posted 4/19/2013 1:15:10 PM
Moogle_trainer posted...
Everyone does this every new gen. They always find reasons to expect a new typing. Based on the current type chart and the fact dark/steel was the last and only additions since gen 1 which only happened to make the game more balanced. Without a real need to rebalance type coverages them adding a new type would only mess things up.

It is possible these hints towards Sylveon being a new type are legit but odds are they are doing all these vague things just to keep the type a secret to keep us all talking about this game everyday in between each reveal.

I think it needs rebalancing. The poor Poison type is only good against Grass, and there's at least 3 other types good against Grass. Steel resists like half the types (including Poison).
#239GuitaristMattPosted 4/19/2013 1:15:50 PM
Anyone notice that the symbol there looks a heck of a lot like the insect badge?
http://tinyurl.com/cwmjhva

I think it is a forest fairy still. Bug/Psychic definitely bug or grass in there.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#240BountyanPosted 4/19/2013 1:49:06 PM(edited)
Moogle_trainer posted...

Dark/Steel weren't added 'only' to balance types. They could have done that without adding new types.

Frankly, I don't think Gamefreak gives much of a crap about game balance, considering they added things like Speed Boost Blaziken and Sand Rush Excadrill. If they think adding a new type will be a feature that will appeal to a lot of people, they'll do it. And it's not like the types are perfectly balanced. Ice is horrible overall as a type.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo