This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon's type?

#71Arne83Posted 4/17/2013 5:52:16 PM
MizunoRyuu posted...
It's Normal. Seriously, is it that hard to comprehend?

Yes.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#72KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/17/2013 5:53:08 PM
Screw Sylveon! Look at Eevee!

Heart/Love type confirmed!

...sorry..i had to...
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#73TripleJ922Posted 4/17/2013 6:02:03 PM
The wing shape at the bottom of Sylveon's portrait kinda looks like its ear.
#74IngSlayerPosted 4/17/2013 6:02:54 PM
This is getting ****ing annoying.

GameFreak, will you just hurry up and tell us what the hell it is?
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#75jayman7Posted 4/17/2013 6:05:53 PM
TripleJ922 posted...
The wing shape at the bottom of Sylveon's portrait kinda looks like its ear.

... And all this time I've been arguing for Bug, I'd failed to notice that Sylveon's ear resembled the Insect Badge in shape.

Oh, it's not a strong argument on its own, but it's something I'd overlooked.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#76Raging_TimePosted 4/17/2013 6:06:04 PM
I believe it will be bug type.

Sylveon is derived of course from sylvan, which is a word often used in fantasy genres meaning 'relating to woods', often used to describe elves, fairies, dryads. The Japanese name Nymphia further associates it with fairies.

Sylveon itself has several characteristics similar to a butterfly. It has large, single colour eyes, bright colours, large wing like ears, and a butterfly shaped ribbon.

So, my money is on a butterfly-like bugtype. That said, I would not be surprised if it were a flying, a normal, or even another weird as hell dragon type.
---
--- alias: Tempus
http://www.chronometry.ca ~ http://www.talesofgraces.com ~ http://www.fatalframe4.net
#77Brandon042487Posted 4/17/2013 6:07:19 PM
Question Serebii

When is this movie coming out?
---
<(*-*)>
#78stranksyPosted 4/17/2013 6:08:01 PM
Tyranidomega posted...
If Sylveon is a flying type, and GF still has the 2nd eevelution, its type will either be Rock, Bug or Fighting type

BUT, if Sylveon is a bug type(now that I look at it, it's icon does look like a cacoon, and the wing below it looks like an insect wing) then that 2nd eevelution will e the flying type. Is poison still SE against bug?

It is not.
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#79jayman7Posted 4/17/2013 6:17:17 PM(edited)
Raging_Time posted...
I believe it will be bug type.

Sylveon is derived of course from sylvan, which is a word often used in fantasy genres meaning 'relating to woods', often used to describe elves, fairies, dryads. The Japanese name Nymphia further associates it with fairies.

Sylveon itself has several characteristics similar to a butterfly. It has large, single colour eyes, bright colours, large wing like ears, and a butterfly shaped ribbon.

Don't forget that it can control the backs of the ribbon on its head. When it holds them out in front of itself (it does that in one of the promos for the Eevee short), they look like antennae.

Also, in addition to the mythological nymphs, a nymph is also an immature insect.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#80FuneralCakePosted 4/17/2013 6:17:40 PM
Meta289 posted...
Note that Umbreon's icon doesn't exactly scream "Dark Type".

Oh, and Eevee's icon has a heart in it. Heart type confirmed.

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. Espeon's icon doesn't really look "Psychic" to me, either.

I don't think that the color or design of Sylveon's icon really have much of anything to do with its type. Normal still seems most likely to me.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
bubble bubble bubble pop bubble bubble pop pop