This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's this for a viable use for pokedollars?

#11Wynters387(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 6:31:29 AM
Gray_Areas posted...
Wynters387 posted...
Gray_Areas posted...
While I'd love to be able to get the other starters, isn't buying Pokemon typically frowned upon in the Pokemon world?

Didn't you used to have to gamble to get porygon?

In the Rocket Game Corner. But yes, you did. I just get the feeling that the Pokemon world discourages you from buying Pokemon from people.

Hmm. They need to fix that. They give us so much money and nothing to spend it on.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)
#12VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/18/2013 6:32:22 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
I like the part about buying other regions' starters.
How about other rare Pokemon like Porygon being really expensive?

I love this, as well as being able to buy evo stones and such.

I do want them to bring back the Underground, though, at least to a point. I don't care about the online portion. I just want the digging part back, specifically for the stones, Revives, Stardust/Pieces, etc. (Honestly, I had a blast with the digging/excavation mini-game in DPPt...)
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#13Wynters387(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 6:33:59 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
I like the part about buying other regions' starters.
How about other rare Pokemon like Porygon being really expensive?

I love this, as well as being able to buy evo stones and such.

I do want them to bring back the Underground, though, at least to a point. I don't care about the online portion. I just want the digging part back, specifically for the stones, Revives, Stardust/Pieces, etc. (Honestly, I had a blast with the digging/excavation mini-game in DPPt...)

Oh yea. Underground with a better "house" set up and better choices for unique furniture
---
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)
#14EnferolunosPosted 4/18/2013 7:15:25 AM
Guys, play coins. Seriously.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#15EmeraldRangePosted 4/18/2013 7:25:55 AM
NO, 209 Pokedollars is too cheap for the starter. Magikarp is P500. So it should be even more expensive. You should not buy the starter everything else is a brilliant idea. Porgyon can be priced at the amount you would need to spend to buy it via coins.
---
I don't like the new pokemon from Gen V and VI
"New is not a synonym of better" -wonder if it's been said before
#16Wynters387(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 7:51:54 AM
EmeraldRange posted...
NO, 209 Pokedollars is too cheap for the starter. Magikarp is P500. So it should be even more expensive. You should not buy the starter everything else is a brilliant idea. Porgyon can be priced at the amount you would need to spend to buy it via coins.

Fair point. I just figured they could give you an arbitrary amount for the starter in the beginning, since it's only to show you the new store.

@ the play coins guy.

What I'm essentially doing is moving the pokemon from being prizes and cutting out a middle man (slots).
---
#17EnferolunosPosted 4/18/2013 8:21:30 AM
Wynters387 posted...
EmeraldRange posted...

Fair point. I just figured they could give you an arbitrary amount for the starter in the beginning, since it's only to show you the new store.

@ the play coins guy.

What I'm essentially doing is moving the pokemon from being prizes and cutting out a middle man (slots).

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Play_Coins
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#18Wynters387(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 8:23:22 AM
Enferolunos posted...
Wynters387 posted...
EmeraldRange posted...

@ the play coins guy.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Play_Coins

Damn I need more coffee. I forgot the 3DS ever had them...

Good point that should be an option too
---
#19CharizardFirePosted 4/18/2013 9:01:52 AM
Wynters387 posted...
Gray_Areas posted...
While I'd love to be able to get the other starters, isn't buying Pokemon typically frowned upon in the Pokemon world?

Didn't you used to have to gamble to get porygon?

In the Rocket Game Corner. But yes, you did. I just get the feeling that the Pokemon world discourages you from buying Pokemon from people.

Pokémon are also prizes in the Goldenrod Game Corner.

As for the Magikarp salesman, the implication is that you're getting ripped off when you buy one in the Kanto games (not in the Unova games, though - you can't get Magikarp elsewhere in B/W, and you have to jump through hoops to get one elsewhere in B2/W2).
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#20PsychoWolfXPosted 4/18/2013 9:23:31 AM
I like this idea, TC. I like it a lot.