This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you accept $100,000 if it means Pokemon never ever existed?

#111MaveCrystPosted 4/18/2013 8:02:53 PM
Of course I'd take the money. Wouldn't know what I was missing, and I get 100k for "nothing". Plus there are other monster capture type of games to enjoy, as much as Pokemon defined that genre for me, it goes back to not knowing what I'm missing.

It would be a slighter harder question if I was the only one in the world ever aware that Pokemon once existed. But still, I'd take the money. Pokemon isn't the only game I enjoy.
#112duke879Posted 4/18/2013 8:03:11 PM
Yes
---
Oh no, a Creative and Innovative game....QUICK, HIDE BEHIND THE CALL OF DUTY!!!
#113KyrieIrvingPosted 4/18/2013 8:03:12 PM
I would take the money because I would find a different hobby.
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#114FFMaster1212Posted 4/18/2013 8:13:35 PM
MaveCryst posted...
Of course I'd take the money. Wouldn't know what I was missing, and I get 100k for "nothing". Plus there are other monster capture type of games to enjoy, as much as Pokemon defined that genre for me, it goes back to not knowing what I'm missing.

It would be a slighter harder question if I was the only one in the world ever aware that Pokemon once existed. But still, I'd take the money. Pokemon isn't the only game I enjoy.

Give me the money and you can take poke/digi/ect.mon and drown them
---
accf 1721-5215-5431 name:Aaron town:homely;
3ds friend code:1590-4706-8328
#115PurificationPosted 4/18/2013 8:18:19 PM(edited)
Even if I was offered any amount possible, I would not do it. After all, what would I do with all that money if I was dead?

Yeah...believe it or not, Pokemon saved my life as a kid...I was that loser that was bullied by everyone and had no friends. Imagine that...an elementary school kid bullied to the point where he tried to commit suicide multiple times. Then I got into Pokemon and well, Pokemon were pretty much my friends. Instead of hanging out with people, I played the games and watched the anime/cartoon....yeah, as sad as it sounds...I'm like those brony guys in that Pokemon taught me all the things I could never learn in reality: friendship, hope, dreams, etc.

I finally become more sociable because of Pokemon cards, it allowed me to share something in common with other people who were also into cards...because of Pokemon cards, I finally found other people I could connect with. If it weren't for Pokemon, I would be dead...so no, I would not accept ANY amount if it meant the franchise never existed.

Also, I met both my best friend (through Pokemon card tournaments) and my most soulmate (through an anime convention where she cosplayed as a Pikachu and we hit it off talking about the series and such) through Pokemon. Screw life without Pokemon..it did more for me than anything else.
---
The Judge, Jury, and Executioner
#116Zarren364Posted 4/18/2013 8:20:28 PM
If pokemon never existed then I wouldn't be offered $100,000 right now, now would I?
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
#117CyhortI82Posted 4/18/2013 8:27:45 PM
Of course. Pokemon hasn't been a big part of my life since the 6th grade so I wouldn't miss it. Of course, even if I still loved it, technically I'd still never miss it if it never existed, so this is kind of a stupid question.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#118YeloazndevilPosted 4/18/2013 8:35:21 PM
YES
---
GT/PSN: Yeloazndevil
#119FFMaster1212Posted 4/18/2013 8:44:36 PM
FFMaster1212 posted...
MaveCryst posted...

Give me the money and you can take poke/digi/ect.mon and drown them

Especially cause I wouldn't have to explain why my espeon was faster and stronger than a friggin chandelure and could 1 hit them (shadow ball plus espeons sp att raised from lvl 1 for speed and sp attack with speed ev bonus, ither moves psychic(duh) morning sun, toxic (yeah it is a set up as espeon is a lead for my double battles machamp( (yeah it has No Guard so espeon wont miss in double battles) cross chop, fire punch, ice punch, thunder punch) is its partner umbreon (curse moonlight protect payback) and lucario (aura sphere/force palm, metal claw, ice punch, shadow ball) , lapras@quick claw (fissure(yeah I went there(no guard(when machamp is on field) as a middle finger to you), sheer cold, surf, icebeam) and blissey (who wants to use close combat on her (holding focus band ,moves counter sing, softboiled, light screen)
---
accf 1721-5215-5431 name:Aaron town:homely;
3ds friend code:1590-4706-8328
#120MysticNesslyPosted 4/18/2013 8:48:10 PM
I have a tons of great memories watching the shows, playing the games (card game included). It was certainly the first show whose characters I cared about and the first show that brought out so much emotion to invoke me to cry.

All the memories I have of sharing Pokemon-related experiences with friends are too precious to just toss aside for money.

Trading its existence for money would remove a lot of happiness it brought to countless other people, and that would be mighty selfish.