This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you accept $100,000 if it means Pokemon never ever existed?

#151The Eternal EvilPosted 4/19/2013 2:45:19 AM
100k is 4 years of instant income for me. Its a lot yes, would I give up Pokemons existence for it, yes, because like I said you essentially are giving up nothing because no memory of it exists anymore.

A better question is not would you but should you. By eliminating something existence what problems could be created doing so.

Like what if no Pokemon meant world war 3 would have happened?
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
#152dswizardPosted 4/19/2013 2:56:47 AM
Meh the argument works the other way, what if Pokemon caused World War 3 etc.

I would take the money tbh Pokemon's taken up too much of my life :/
#153TheWhoFanPosted 4/19/2013 2:56:54 AM
At this point in my life, nope. I'm 24, PhD student, I have a steady income (not much, but enough to cover my basic needs). I've been playing Pokémon since the early days of Red and Blue. The series has given me countless hours of fun and entertainment.

I won't destroy something I've been loving for most of my life for money that may come and go.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#154MM125Posted 4/19/2013 6:01:25 AM
MaveCryst posted...
MM125 posted...
MaveCryst posted...
No good reason for me not to give it up and get 100k, since I wouldn't even remember there was such a thing.

That's my problem with choosing yes. Take out years of memories from my life, and who am I anymore? Would I still be the same guy I am now? Would I still love the same people I love now? To me, no amount of money is worth losing myself.

Year of memories from your life? Pokemon defined yourself? If that is truly the case, then yeah, I have much less trouble imagining why you wouldn't take the money, except that according to the OP, you wouldn't lose yourself. In fact you'd just be obsessing over something else, and you would be put in pretty much the same spot in life as you are now, sans the game, Pokemon.

The question is really too easy, there's hardly even a sacrifice to be made. Though like I said, even if I were to remember that in an alternate reality, Pokemon existed and I gave it up, I still would. I've enjoyed the game, but even games that I LOVE do not define my existence... None of my major accomplishments in life have anything remotely to do with Pokemon, so 100k is a damn good deal. Plus with 100K I can work quicker towards my next accomplishment...

I don't know. I probably wouldn't go as far to say it defined me. Maybe something would've filled the same void Pokémon did in this reality, but to me, 100k isn't worth it for that uncertainty.

Maybe I'm just overthinking this.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#155Masenko86Posted 4/19/2013 6:10:03 AM
You would be forcing everyone else to give up those memories for your own selfish gain. No amount of money can justify screwing with everyone's memory.
---
"I am the voice of one among the silent who's tired of burning among the flames"
#156MM125Posted 4/19/2013 6:27:18 AM
Maybe I should elaborate. I'm not a very outgoing person. At all. At school dances, I was the guy sitting alone in a corner. To me, Pokémon was more than just a game. It was a conversation-starter. Still is. Point is, there are so many people I've bonded with over Pokémon, and I wouldn't trade that for money.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#157the_cajun88Posted 4/19/2013 7:46:54 AM
I'll give up Pokemon and keep/lose the memories for $100,000.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
[This signature was wiped at the request of a Moderator or Administrator]
#158RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 9:43:02 AM
How did this get so many votes??
---
http://i.imgur.com/1lyHI0P.gif
#159CakeOfLiesPosted 4/19/2013 9:44:43 AM
RomanticWaluigi posted...
How did this get so many votes??

People lurking the boards.
Apparently there are 2000...
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#160SlimeStackPosted 4/19/2013 9:46:26 AM
How is this a contest? We all love Pokémon but if it never existed then who would care? Lots of money is great in all versions of reality. <.<
---
Moo