This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you accept $100,000 if it means Pokemon never ever existed?

#21KingTumbleweedPosted 4/18/2013 12:23:26 PM
gamingrat posted...
RomanticWaluigi posted...
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Wait, I know!
I'll write the idea for pokemon down on a piece of paper, then accept it, pick up the piece of paper, think "Oh! what a brilliant idea! I'll send it to nintendo!" and become filthy rich.

The paper will be relating to Pokemon and therefore will not exist once you accept the money, no matter how vague you may make it sound.

multiple pieces of paper

How would this work if one paper wouldn't work?
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#22LexifoxPosted 4/18/2013 12:23:35 PM
No, because I have no idea how it'll affect Nintendo's finances or the economy as a whole.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#23SazukeEXPosted 4/18/2013 12:24:21 PM
No.

Pokemon was grossed far more than that.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#24BurningFlareXPosted 4/18/2013 12:27:44 PM
In my current situation, giving up Pokemon is a very small sacrifice for the money that can essentially turn my life around. And remember, you will not have ANY memory of Pokemon whatsoever, so you won't actually be losing anything anyway.
---
I hate everything.
#25RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 12:27:58 PM
Lexifox posted...
No, because I have no idea how it'll affect Nintendo's finances or the economy as a whole.

In the parallel universe, life has panned out in such a way without Pokemon that not a lot has changed. Nintendo are still Nintendo.

Infact, things like Smash Bros. still exists (just without Pokemon). Even if Pokemon has inspired something, it would still exist but it wouldn't be any more or less popular than it is now. No need looking for loopholes, it's just how the other life you go into will be.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1lyHI0P.gif
#26RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 12:34:54 PM
For example, if you had failed an exam because of playing Pokemon, or if you met your girlfriend on the way to buying a Pokemon game and are now happily married and have 4 kids (lol), in the new life you would still have failed that exam or you would still have met that girl. It's all designed in such a way to the smallest detail that it is as similar to life with Pokemon now as can be, just...without it. You will never know. If you feel right now you are wasting away your life playing Pokemon, then in the new life you will still feel that something else is wasting away your life in the same way. You do not change the past in any way. Every single person's memories have been edited to the finest detail so that without the existence of Pokemon, everything still feels the same.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1lyHI0P.gif
#27NatatteruPosted 4/18/2013 12:38:07 PM
I probably would, as much as I love Pokemon, I guess I can live without it. I wouldn't know in this scenario anyway.
---
Official Swordmaster and everything Say'ri of the Fire Emblem Awakening board.
PSN: NatatBW P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAA: H-VSion
#28FuneralCakePosted 4/18/2013 12:40:00 PM
Hell no. Maybe for a billion dollars or something, but 100000 isn't enough.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
bubble bubble bubble pop bubble bubble pop pop
#29ReachOutToTruthPosted 4/18/2013 12:40:54 PM
RomanticWaluigi posted...
For example, if you had failed an exam because of playing Pokemon, or if you met your girlfriend on the way to buying a Pokemon game and are now happily married and have 4 kids (lol), in the new life you would still have failed that exam or you would still have met that girl. It's all designed in such a way to the smallest detail that it is as similar to life with Pokemon now as can be, just...without it. You will never know. If you feel right now you are wasting away your life playing Pokemon, then in the new life you will still feel that something else is wasting away your life in the same way. You do not change the past in any way. Every single person's memories have been edited to the finest detail so that without the existence of Pokemon, everything still feels the same.

In that case, no. My only beef with Pokemon is how much time I spend on it. 100K is a lot of money, but I'll survive without it.

Now, how much money it would take to get me to agree to this deal, then?

How much money will it take for me to throw in the bank and live off of 50K annual interest? >_>
---
<3 and (/|\) !
http://i.imgur.com/khPxrAW.png
#30TherianReturnsPosted 4/18/2013 12:42:30 PM
ZombieAkane posted...
Yes, I would then subsequently create the Pokemon Franchise using said 100k.

Come at me trolls.

Not everyone is a troll, calm down
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.