This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you accept $100,000 if it means Pokemon never ever existed?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Would you accept $100,000 if it means Pokemon never ever existed?
2 years ago#31
Another way to think about it.

Let's say I told you right now that you had some sort of disability in another life and you were offered for it to disappear if you gave up something you absolutely love. You accepted. You are now living in a life without that disability, but you had no idea this happened until I told you just now, and you still have no idea what it was you loved that you gave up. That's what Pokemon would be like in this case.

Not exactly the same thing, but similar concept. Maybe in a few years time I'd tell you "hey, remember that $100,000 you won? Well... you gave up something you loved for it." You'd just laugh and shrug it off. Like you did right now when I said you had a disability in another life. You never know...

Deep.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1lyHI0P.gif
2 years ago#32
No because when I finish college and become an engineer, I can earn $100,000 in due time.

Besides, I've already invested around $2560 in pokemon over the years, and I'd hate to lose that plus the 15 years of entertainment Pokemon has brought me.
---
My opinions on Mass Effect in a nutshell: ME1- great, ME2- masterpiece, ME3- great but underrated. The post-extended cut ending is just fine, but a little weak.
2 years ago#33
No, and no amount of money would make me say yes
---
You want to know what his name is? I don't know. There was a 0% chance of me knowing what his name was.
^PM me if you get the joke^ # of users that get it: 1
2 years ago#34
Sure, I like Pokemon a lot but there are plenty of other games out there to play. I'd take the money.
---
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/omegazero55/Random/JudithOYO.gif
2 years ago#35
Yeah because poker would still exist.
---
They call me Dick Tracy
2 years ago#36
For $100,000? Nah.

For $1,000,000? Probably. I'd make $7,500 in interest the first month alone...

For $5,000,000+? Pffft!! Buh-bye, Eevee! I love ya and all, but that money would fix so many other, more pressing problems in my life and the lives of those around me.

There are plenty of other games and things I would enjoy anyway. Plus, I enjoy Pokemon, but, if I'm completely honest, I'm not a super-die-hard fan that obsesses over it or sinks hundreds of hours into a single Pokemon game... (Other games, sure, but not Pokemon...)
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
2 years ago#37
I would accept the money.

You made this way too easy by saying my life would be exactly the same. In reality, Pokemon influenced me so much when I was young that my life would have been radically different, probably much worse, without it.
---
"It was like unwrapping a wonderful present -- a present made out of presents." - Graham Linehan, describing the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
2 years ago#38
So your question is essentially would you give up something, that wouldn't be given up because you would not know it existed to know it had been given up.

The better question is what takes the place of the like thousand hours I played into it. Its one thing to lose the memory of a game its another to literally have a thousand hours of memory stripped away.
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
2 years ago#39
AirBorneCoffeeT posted...
Nah. Pokemon was one of the only things that went right for me in Middle School.

This is both a problem and a symptom in the same sentence.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
2 years ago#40
Even though I like Pokémon, I would rather have $100K. So many games I could buy and I would find a different RPG series to play.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Would you accept $100,000 if it means Pokemon never ever existed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived