This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why isn't Kyurem used more in OU?

#1MrFingers07Posted 4/18/2013 5:33:08 PM
This is a pretty cool set:

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 220 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Can hurt alot of its switch ins like Ferrothorn and stall out its Gyro Balls. Pretty cool if you ask me.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#2KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/18/2013 5:36:23 PM
Because its not an OU poke. Meaning, it's potential will often be overlooked due to its status.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#3ColtCababaPosted 4/18/2013 5:36:39 PM
I know. All because of its Ice typing and Speed. In my opinion, that is total f***ing bulls***.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"It's Faaan-daaan-gooo! Breathe the A's in." -Fandango
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/18/2013 5:37:37 PM
Ice type which has tremendous weakness to Rock/Fighting which are two very common attacking types, (don't forget SR) sure it loses Fire weakness, and is by far a decent Pokemon, but that is also the reason it isn't as used as much. Forgot Steel.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5ColtCababaPosted 4/18/2013 5:41:01 PM
To sum up Smogon's analysis of Kyurem:

F*** that. Kyurem is a s*** Pokemon that is a s*** Legendary 'cause its weak to Stealth Rock and has s*** Speed. Why are you not using Scizor?

Checks and Counters: Absolutely anything can beat this piece of s*** Pokemon created by Game Freak. Especially the God, Scizor, who can spam Bullet Punch and is the God of all Pokemon.
---
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/18/2013 5:45:15 PM
ColtCababa posted...

F*** that. Kyurem is a s*** Pokemon that is a s*** Legendary 'cause its weak to Stealth Rock and has s*** Speed. Why are you not using Scizor?

Checks and Counters: Absolutely anything can beat this piece of s*** Pokemon created by Game Freak. Especially the God, Scizor, who can spam Bullet Punch and is the God of all Pokemon.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80326

I didn't see much mention on that page about Scizor, I did see many listings of Steel types (which yes includes Scizor) gives it trouble, and I also saw the mention of most leads with Super Power or with Fighting based moves/or focus.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#7Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/18/2013 5:46:47 PM
It's an Ice-type.

If it were any other type, it would easily be worthy of OU.

But alas.
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/18/2013 5:49:55 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
It's an Ice-type.

If it were any other type, it would easily be worthy of OU.

But alas.

It's not just the ice type.

If that were the case Kyurem B wouldn't be OU. or considered a threat.
---
#9ColtCababaPosted 4/18/2013 5:50:50 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
ColtCababa posted...

I didn't see much mention on that page about Scizor, I did see many listings of Steel types (which yes includes Scizor) gives it trouble, and I also saw the mention of most leads with Super Power or with Fighting based moves/or focus.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/scizor

To sum this page up: Scizor is indisputably the God of OU and possibly the God of all Pokemon that can spam Technician Bullet Punch because it is not cheap at all. If you do not use it, then you are an idiot at competitive play.
---
#10Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/18/2013 5:53:30 PM
ColtCababa posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
ColtCababa posted...

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/scizor

To sum this page up: Scizor is indisputably the God of OU and possibly the God of all Pokemon that can spam Technician Bullet Punch because it is not cheap at all. If you do not use it, then you are an idiot at competitive play.

That's not what it says at all. Stop throwing a hissy fit just because it is highly regarded.

Also:
Jellicent is probably the best Scizor counter there is. It resists its STAB moves, isn't affected by Superpower, and can Will-O-Wisp Scizor, instantly crippling it. Take note, though, that Scizor is sometimes paired with a Pokemon that knows Volt Switch (usually Rotom-W). Should Scizor U-turn out on Jellicent, the corresponding Volt Switch Pokemon can come in and hit Jellicent hard. The same applies to the allergic-to-electricity Skarmory, who takes all of Scizor's moves well and can set up hazards or Whirlwind Scizor out should it gain a boost. Gyarados, with Intimidate and its typing, is also in the same boat. Under rain, Tentacruel also makes an excellent counter to Scizor since it takes low damage from its STAB moves and heals back the HP lost that same turn. It can retaliate with Scald, hoping for the burn on Scizor. Gliscor is also a pretty good option for dealing with Scizor; just watch out for Swords Dancing Life Orb versions, which deal with Gliscor easily.

Fire-types often cause Scizor to be clinically depressed, as they easily kill Scizor. Heatran kicks things off by outspeeding and KOing Scizor with whatever Fire move you have on it; all Heatran fears is Scizor's Superpower, which it doesn't usually spam because many Pokemon in OU can set up on it. Volcarona can set up freely on any of Scizor's moves and cause trouble for the rest of the team. Infernape isn't bad either, but since it is more frail than a breadstick, it can't really switch in on Scizor's moves without taking a big chunk of damage. Magnezone, while unable to come in on Superpower, can trap Scizor and defeat it with Hidden Power Fire. If the opponent sees Magnezone in Team Preview, though, they'll probably be U-turning like crazy, meaning Magnezone can only really trap Scizor after it's killed something with Bullet Punch or Pursuit. Rotom-W rounds this analysis off by outspeeding Scizor and either hitting it hard with any of its STAB moves or Hidden Power Fire or crippling it with Will-O-Wisp. Even if Scizor is at +2 Attack, Bullet Punch will do little to Rotom-W. However, unless Rotom-W is physically bulky, a Choice Band U-turn from Scizor will hurt a lot.

---