This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Jessie and James ever show up in a game again?

#11Missingno_MastrPosted 4/18/2013 6:01:58 PM
White_Queen posted...
When's the last time Giovanni and the rest of Team Rocket was even mentioned in the series? They're not all the prevalent as villains anymore.

Have you even watched the anime recently? There was this whole huge plot with Team Rocket and Meloetta and the legendary genies' Therian Formes. Giovanni even used his Persian to battle Ash and Pikachu. And Persian won. It knows Shadow Claw and Power Gem.
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that. I dare you.
#12TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 4/18/2013 6:05:49 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
White_Queen posted...
When's the last time Giovanni and the rest of Team Rocket was even mentioned in the series? They're not all the prevalent as villains anymore.

Have you even watched the anime recently? There was this whole huge plot with Team Rocket and Meloetta and the legendary genies' Therian Formes. Giovanni even used his Persian to battle Ash and Pikachu. And Persian won. It knows Shadow Claw and Power Gem.

Sounds.. watchable. I think i want to watch the BW anime now.. especially to see my babe Skyla on tv!!
---
I <3 PokeGirls!!! 8D
http://i.imgur.com/cnG9m.png That's my girlfriend on the left!! <3
#13Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/18/2013 6:07:18 PM
I kind of wish most of the team members from past teams would show up in each game in one form or another.

i'm sure there are some devout Team Rocket members still trying to bring Giovanni back, and the like. Though I find Jessie and James ever appearing in the games again unlikely.

Wouldn't mind it, if they did. (such as for Battle tower/etc.) but it is still unlikely.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#14stranksyPosted 4/18/2013 6:15:23 PM
I'd like to see a revival of Team Rocket, but I want no part of Jesse and James.
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#15LexifoxPosted 4/18/2013 6:32:23 PM
First off, JJ&M are the best part of the anime and they could carry the series on their own dammit.

Second, Puzzle League.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16KeijiKGPosted 4/18/2013 11:35:34 PM
White_Queen posted...
Arne83 posted...
No. And the same goes for the rest of Team Rocket.

The rest of Team Rocket, yes. I'd be fine with that.

But Jessie and James should be doing their own thing separate from any team. And the anime kinda has accepted that as well. When's the last time Giovanni and the rest of Team Rocket was even mentioned in the series? They're not all the prevalent as villains anymore.

Jessie and James are meant as comic relief and basic outside nuisances separate from the main "big bad", so why shouldn't they also remain that way in the games?

The anime kept them around because Megami Hayashibara (voice actress for Jessie in Japan or Musashi's seiyuu if you want to be a sharpshooting pedant) was close with the anime staff and the late Takeshi Shudo based Jessie on a mix between a former girlfriend of his and Doronjo from Yatterman.

The only reason why the anime kept her around was because there was some serious infighting about who goes and who stays -- basically between Misty and Team Rocket.

The only reason why Team Rocket wasn't disbanded in the anime is LIKELY due to nepotism on both Hayashibara and possibly in respect to Shudo despite the game universe taking a different path.
---
"You haven't heard of the new gameplay mechanic? The more times you use a certain move, the weaker it gets"
Sounds like someone never paid attention
#17avechaPosted 4/19/2013 4:02:24 AM
Jesse, James, Giovanni and the doctor guy go back to Kanto after the Therian arc. But Jesse and James do come back for another go before the end of the Black and White series.

One thing i did notice in the anime was a LOT of references etc to Gen 1.
Foreshadowing something maybe?

Aside from Mewtwo.
#18Masenko86Posted 4/19/2013 4:40:12 AM
They'd be more fitting now. There are two of them, and we've had double battles since gen 3. They'll be revived and have a series of double battles with you. This idea is virtually certain!

Gen 3 remakes confirmed

But seriously, I don't care one way or the other if they come back.
---
"I am the voice of one among the silent who's tired of burning among the flames"
#19NatatteruPosted 4/19/2013 4:47:36 AM
*sigh*
---
Official Swordmaster and everything Say'ri of the Fire Emblem Awakening board.
PSN: NatatBW P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAA: H-VSion
#20SlimeStackPosted 4/19/2013 6:23:25 AM
I'm probably alone here but I would have loved seeing Jessie and James appear in the PokÚstar Studio movies. They'd be fictional so it would be harmless fun.
---
Moo