This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Espeon can be male or female; it's not always a her, damn it!

#121Twilight_SonataPosted 4/22/2013 9:05:53 PM
ReachOutToTruth, whether they know they're wrong or not has no bearing on whether they should be corrected. The rest of your post is laughable BS that I have no intention of entertaining.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#122MagikarpRulesPosted 4/22/2013 9:11:10 PM
So, basically, Lexifox is correct: you are applying human gender related traits to Pokemon.

But whatever, I don't think this topic will lead to a change anyway.
#123pokemonfreak97Posted 4/22/2013 9:15:39 PM
Again, the only reason I refer to Espeon as female is because the only Espeon that is an official character is the PMD: Gates to Infinity Espeon, who is female, as the counterpart to a male Umbreon. Of the Johto Eeveelutions, Espeon looks more female than Umbreon (cue me getting questioned "What does it mean to 'look female'?"; it's just my opinion, don't jump down my throat about it), and they wanted the pair to be one male and one female, and they picked Espeon and Umbreon over Leafeon and Glaceon, possibly because they provide better type coverage when you recruit them.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#124MagikarpRulesPosted 4/22/2013 9:19:28 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Again, the only reason I refer to Espeon as female is because the only Espeon that is an official character is the PMD: Gates to Infinity Espeon, who is female, as the counterpart to a male Umbreon. Of the Johto Eeveelutions, Espeon looks more female than Umbreon (cue me getting questioned "What does it mean to 'look female'?"; it's just my opinion, don't jump down my throat about it), and they wanted the pair to be one male and one female, and they picked Espeon and Umbreon over Leafeon and Glaceon, possibly because they provide better type coverage when you recruit them.

I won't jump at your throat, but I'd be thankful if you clarified what do you mean by looking female.
#125DrunkenWhalePosted 4/22/2013 9:23:44 PM
Blame gender association or something like that. Espeon is generally seen as female because it looks like a cat and cats are generally associated as female.

For me, I've always tried to raise Vaporeons and Glaceons as girls and if we're getting away from the Eeveelutions for a sec, Togekiss - And Togekiss mainly because of having mainly a male team.

I know the Marill family is often referred to as Female, but hey I still have my male Azumarill taking names.

It's really just gender association.
---
I really never use signatures to be honest, but I figured I would put one here anyway.
#126RumSkunkPosted 4/22/2013 9:25:12 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
Does anyone else get annoyed when people refer to pokemon as if they can only be one gender? Are the furries the ones who're always doing this? It seems like something they'd do.

I keep trying to tell my friend that my Nidoran (f) is a male... I hate it.
---
PSN = Dirty-Rawb
XBL = Raw Dirt
#127Ari917Posted 4/22/2013 9:30:55 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
ReachOutToTruth, whether they know they're wrong or not has no bearing on whether they should be corrected. The rest of your post is laughable BS that I have no intention of entertaining.

*sigh* Twilight, must everything I read from you have to be some tirade? You may have a point but if you're going to act like you have your nose stuck up then don't expect anyone to really listen to you. Reach had a point even if you don't agree with it.

Either way, ultimately this issue does not have that much of a negative impact on human society that it's worth getting worked up. Some things are just not worth that time to make points and rants, sometimes its best to fold your cards and wait for the more suitable situation where they fit in and you can make a good point. This isn't one of them, it's just people being people and that's not a real situation to really bother with these allegations.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#128Twilight_SonataPosted 4/22/2013 9:40:04 PM
Ari917 posted...
Twilight, must everything I read from you have to be some tirade?

I'm pretty sure only about a third or fourth of my posts are tirades. I think you just more notice the ones that are.

Reach had a point even if you don't agree with it.

I honestly think Reach knows the point was not a very good one and was just playing devil's advocate.

Either way, ultimately this issue does not have that much of a negative impact on human society that it's worth getting worked up.

We're on a videogame discussion forum on the internet. THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#129Ari917Posted 4/22/2013 9:52:12 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Ari917 posted...
Twilight, must everything I read from you have to be some tirade?

I'm pretty sure only about a third or fourth of my posts are tirades. I think you just more notice the ones that are.

Reach had a point even if you don't agree with it.

I honestly think Reach knows the point was not a very good one and was just playing devil's advocate.

Either way, ultimately this issue does not have that much of a negative impact on human society that it's worth getting worked up.

We're on a videogame discussion forum on the internet. THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Thing is that most of the topics I go to are usually the ones that provoke you apparently. XD

Maybe so but even if that's the case it's still no reason for that.

And trust me, there are better things to get worked up over. This isn't one of them, let people be people here because it's a relatively minor issue in the ocean. There are bigger things you can go fishing for.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#130pokemon2poker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 2:55:19 PM
RumSkunk posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
Does anyone else get annoyed when people refer to pokemon as if they can only be one gender? Are the furries the ones who're always doing this? It seems like something they'd do.

I keep trying to tell my friend that my Nidoran (f) is a male... I hate it.

O.o???
---
Dick Tracy