This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would anyone be up for.... (new gen idea)

#11LightningHawk90Posted 4/18/2013 10:02:36 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
stranksy posted...
Weather effecting move types: No.
The rest of it: Even more no.

This. The dual type move idea is stupid, because its confusing, and a lot of moves will not work, or become broken.

How is it confusing?

I personally wouldn't mind it, but I doubt it would happen.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#12Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:13:05 PM(edited)
Here's an example of a move becoming dual type while changing the metagame:

Extreme Speed : Electric/Normal (you choose the type upon being taught said move)

What does this do to the metagame?:

You've now just given quite a few Pokemon access to shut down Rainy Day teams. Which are considered the MOST POWERFUL and overly used team in general. (especially of weather types), You've now given a way for SD/Sandstorm teams to at least fight back for the most part.

Edit: Oh and an example of a Pokemon in competitive with a poor movepool which could move up a tier or tiers if it gained something:

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/vanilluxe

The only sets run, run Ice Beam and Hidden Power.... Great coverage.... >.> Sarcasm.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#13jayman7Posted 4/18/2013 10:22:01 PM
Instead of giving the player the option to turn Explosion into a Fire-type move, you could just, y'know, introduce a new move that functions like Explosion and is a Fire-type move.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#14Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:24:47 PM
jayman7 posted...
Instead of giving the player the option to turn Explosion into a Fire-type move, you could just, y'know, introduce a new move that functions like Explosion and is a Fire-type move.

But then you keep adding more types, and there is no guarantee certain Pokemon will get that move.

Look at the NU tier for instance, how many Pokemon are down there primarily because of movepool being total ****? Quite a few.

See previous post for one of my favorite new examples. (Ice typing hurts sure, but I'm sure with a better movepool it'd be primarily RU/UU material)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#15The_Undying_84Posted 4/18/2013 10:37:49 PM
Specific moves changing types would be fine. But more than a handful of them, no.

Also if they were going to do something like this, they should have done it before creating a billion different type variants of the same moves.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#16Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:39:37 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Specific moves changing types would be fine. But more than a handful of them, no.

Also if they were going to do something like this, they should have done it before creating a billion different type variants of the same moves.

Oh I certainly agree with the bottom part, but I don't think certain moves are going to be redone or at least not any time soon. (IE: Final Gambit/Death Gambit or other odd moves/etc.)
---