This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would your reaction be if Pokemon X/Y contain paid DLC?

#1levyjl1988Posted 4/18/2013 8:27:12 PM
Following the trends of Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity, etc.

Fire Emblem: Awakening has upwards up to $70 in DLC. If Pokemon X/Y has this, how would you react? Would you pay for it? Even if it means accessing new event locations, places to catch Pokemon, trainers to battle, etc.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#2FuneralCakePosted 4/18/2013 8:29:24 PM(edited)
Is there really that much DLC for Fire Emblem? Wow. I just bought that game yesterday and was planning on checking out the DLC, but not if there's that much...

But for Pokemon, yes, definitely. Pokemon is probably my favorite thing ever.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there
#3FDSupremaPosted 4/18/2013 8:30:14 PM
If it contained more areas to explore and get more out of the game, yeah, I'd totally buy it. If they did something dumb like "Hu hur 5 bucks and you can download a special Celebi :D", then no. Just... No.
---
As you read this, you suddenly feel inexplicable rage.
Dwayne Johnson is best pokeymanz
#4SpacePirateKhanPosted 4/18/2013 8:32:43 PM(edited)
If they start selling Pokemon separately, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.
Significant extra single-player content that rewards you by making it easier to get some Pokemon/Items would be alright, especially if it came with some challenging battles and stuff, and that's what Pokemon Mystery Dungeon did if I recall correctly. (Minus the significant single-player content part, since it's just random dungeons) But if useful items and Pokemon are completely locked away as DLC, it'll be going down the "pay to win" road, and that road sucks.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#5Arne83Posted 4/18/2013 8:31:16 PM
It's all based on what it is and how much it costs.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#6javel34Posted 4/18/2013 8:31:22 PM
FDSuprema posted...
If it contained more areas to explore and get more out of the game, yeah, I'd totally buy it. If they did something dumb like "Hu hur 5 bucks and you can download a special Celebi :D", then no. Just... No.

Ponyta armor
---
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/18/2013 8:32:09 PM
FDSuprema posted...

This.

Although if they were to make permanent event Pokemon (for those of us who aren't always on the upkeep/etc.) I wouldn't mind that either for a small (read SMALL) fee.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#8FuneralCakePosted 4/18/2013 8:32:35 PM
Given the rarity of event Pokemon, you guys wouldn't pay to be able to have unlimited access to them? I know I would, but maybe that's just me.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there
#9Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/18/2013 8:33:30 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Given the rarity of event Pokemon, you guys wouldn't pay to be able to have unlimited access to them? I know I would, but maybe that's just me.

Oh, no. I also certainly agree as long as it is not an outrageous fee per event Pokemon.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#10SpacePirateKhanPosted 4/18/2013 8:33:36 PM
FuneralCake posted...

Well I always got my event Pokemon from Action Replay, so...
Gonna be pissed if that doesn't work this time too. XD
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan