This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would your reaction be if Pokemon X/Y contain paid DLC?

#11Nega3Posted 4/18/2013 9:33:40 PM
I would definitely rather pay $2 for event Pokemon than having to go so far to go download at a store.

This isn't 1999 anymore.
#12TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/18/2013 9:36:27 PM
If it was real content I am fine with it.

However if they sliced out bits of the game or just straight up made pokemon not obtainable in game so they could sell them to me then I would literally never purchase another pokemon game out of principle.

However if we figure out they will be doing that before the game is released I will go cancel my pre-order. If we don't know till after release I will just find a way to cheat in the pokemon.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#13FDSupremaPosted 4/18/2013 9:37:58 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...

Although if they were to make permanent event Pokemon (for those of us who aren't always on the upkeep/etc.) I wouldn't mind that either for a small (read SMALL) fee.

The only way I'd be okay with something like that was if the event pokemon had its own explorable area to go with it. Like Mewtwo had Cerulean Cave in R/B. It'd be much more satifying to buy a DLC that contains a new dungeon that at the end has a special pokemon you can catch, while also making an array of classics available throughout the dungeon.
---
As you read this, you suddenly feel inexplicable rage.
Dwayne Johnson is best pokeymanz
#14LightningHawk90Posted 4/18/2013 9:39:01 PM
It would really depend on what they offered as DLC. New area's to travel to maybe through an airport would be nice.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#15RedShadowwwPosted 4/18/2013 9:39:31 PM
Maybe..I'd definitely be pissed though.
#16LightningAce11Posted 4/18/2013 9:43:01 PM
If it was cheap:yes
If it was really expensive: no
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#17Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/18/2013 9:48:04 PM
FDSuprema posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

Although if they were to make permanent event Pokemon (for those of us who aren't always on the upkeep/etc.) I wouldn't mind that either for a small (read SMALL) fee.

The only way I'd be okay with something like that was if the event pokemon had its own explorable area to go with it. Like Mewtwo had Cerulean Cave in R/B. It'd be much more satifying to buy a DLC that contains a new dungeon that at the end has a special pokemon you can catch, while also making an array of classics available throughout the dungeon.

I'd rather not. If new events become available later, they'd have to delay just to provide a structure for the Pokemon instead of just releasing it immediately.

In that case I'd rather save myself some time and get it as soon as possible.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#18gpstylezPosted 4/18/2013 10:14:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. I think game freak already began to introduce that idea in the form of Pokemon Dream Radar. If it means getting legendary pokemons, new locations, rare items, I'm all for it....as long as it is decently priced.
#19pokemonfreak97Posted 4/19/2013 7:23:59 AM
Here are the only things I would accept:

1. Areas with something new, storyline-wise, as well as Pokémon that are rare, but findable in other places (e.g. Dunsparce, Skarmory, FEEBAS, et cetera). Possibly a traditionally-roaming legendary (the legendary dogs, Tornadus, or Thundurus) has a stationary encounter there.

2. Once event legendaries would normally no longer be distributed, add a $0.50 charge to get one. Plain and simple.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#20The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/19/2013 7:25:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wxTHv.png
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board