This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon's type opinion poll

#1HHDeceptionPosted 4/19/2013 12:30:45 AM
What do you think Sylveon's type will be? - Results (232 votes)
Normal
21.12% (49 votes)
Fighting
0.86% (2 votes)
Poison
0.86% (2 votes)
Ground
0.86% (2 votes)
Flying
34.48% (80 votes)
Bug
4.74% (11 votes)
Rock
0.86% (2 votes)
Ghost
1.72% (4 votes)
Dragon
2.59% (6 votes)
New/Other
31.9% (74 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This topic is NOT to discuss speculation over slyveon's type. There's already another topic for that. This is just to see the current opinion given the new footage we've seen. If you want to argue about it, go to the other topic.

That being said, if you want to state your reasons for your opinion on what sylveon will be, feel free to do so.

Sylveon trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTyPZGdEyyc&t=1m29s
---
Sound good?
#2TherianReturnsPosted 4/19/2013 12:35:48 AM
It's going to be flying. Any other type is a 0% chance of happening.
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#3Twilight_SonataPosted 4/19/2013 12:43:30 AM
TherianReturns posted...

You don't think that's the least bit premature? 'Cause far as I see, the little possibly-wing-shaped thing on the bottom of Sylveon's portrait is the strongest evidence of Flying, and even that's not very strong.

#1 for me right now is still Normal, but Dragon and Flying are about tied and not too far behind.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#4TherianReturnsPosted 4/19/2013 12:50:19 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
TherianReturns posted...

You don't think that's the least bit premature? 'Cause far as I see, the little possibly-wing-shaped thing on the bottom of Sylveon's portrait is the strongest evidence of Flying, and even that's not very strong.

#1 for me right now is still Normal, but Dragon and Flying are about tied and not too far behind.

Consider this. If Sylveon was normal type, why wouldn't it have the same boundary as Eevee with a brown heart?
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#5Twilight_SonataPosted 4/19/2013 12:54:38 AM
TherianReturns posted...
If Sylveon was normal type, why wouldn't it have the same boundary as Eevee with a brown heart?

Because that would be boring. I'm sure that if Eevee had, say, two different Grass-type evolutions, they would each have a unique border more reminiscent of their individual designs. For example, if it had an evolution that was a Grass-type covered in orange flowers, I would expect an orange, flowery border regardless of Leafeon's green, leafy border.
---
#6TheGaijinPosted 4/19/2013 1:02:32 AM
I think bug
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#7SephirothtPosted 4/19/2013 1:05:16 AM
It's obviously a rock. My solid prove which I can't be bothered to share confirmes it.
---
Officially faved Ninetales, everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
Facebook: http://alturl.com/juupo
#8Renjiro7Posted 4/19/2013 1:17:13 AM
If Sylveon doesn't evolve from Eevee then I would vote for Normal. But I feel like Eevee is supposed to evolve from a boring ass normal type to something special (other type). So I say new type (Fairy, based on its name and it's white/pink like Clefairy (who would be retyped to Fairy).
#9FatReuniclusPosted 4/19/2013 7:54:33 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
TherianReturns posted...

It's ribbons make it look lightweight and floaty. I'd say Flying.
And why would we need a Normal? And Dragon... BECAUSE OF THE COLORS?!
SERIOUSLY? It doesn't resemble a dragon AT ALL!!!

Ps: "Sylv" could be from "Sylph" which are air elemental ghost things....
The V and F "sounds" are interchangeable.
However, it doesn't look like a ghost at all, so I shall assume it is Flying type.

So...
1st=Flying
2nd=Ghost
3rd=Steel (Silver?(Lucario doesn't look steel either...))
4th=Normal :(

I don't think Gamefreak is man enough to add new types, so I remove them from the list as well.
---
I wish Reuniclus was my dad...
#10Twilight_SonataPosted 4/19/2013 8:33:15 AM
FatReuniclus posted...
It's ribbons make it look lightweight and floaty.

Which is cute, but hardly anywhere near definitive. Even the wing(?)-looking thing on its border is better ammo for it being Flying than its ribbons and weight are.

And why would we need a Normal?

Wynaut? Eevee's whole gimmick is how it can evolve into a bunch of different types, so why should Normal not be on that list?

And Dragon... BECAUSE OF THE COLORS?!
SERIOUSLY? It doesn't resemble a dragon AT ALL!!!

My placing it where I placed it wasn't because of any good evidence or anything. It's about on part with Flying for me exactly because the evidence is about as strong (read: minimal, and that's a generous description). As for not looking like a Dragon, take a look at Altaria.

Ps: "Sylv" could be from "Sylph"...
The V and F "sounds" are interchangeable.

This is a desperate stretch. V and F are not interchangeable, and there's no good reason to think that Sylv is from Sylph when it already makes perfect sense as Sylv. Heck, Sylv arguably fits better with its names in other languages, none of which connote Flying type.

I don't think Gamefreak is man enough...

Don't say sexist crap like this.
---