This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Starter are you going to choose?

#11Masenko86Posted 4/19/2013 6:18:32 AM
MetaDeDeDe posted...
I am going with Fennekin since it looks like it will be fast and won't be fire/fighting and might be Fire/Ground since it is a desert fox.

fire/ground? I'd rather not have another starter with 4x weakness. The idea behind it seems legit, but camerupt the second would send me to another starter.
---
"I am the voice of one among the silent who's tired of burning among the flames"
#12MelcheesedekPosted 4/19/2013 6:33:36 AM
I'm going for Froakie, because I always pick Water for the first run of a generation.

I honestly don't care what type he has after evolving. I'd be fine with pure water, but what I DO want to see is some good speed. Blastoise and Feraligatr have the highest speed at 78 so far; let's see Froakie break 100, or at least 90.
---
"...Are you crying?"
"Of course not, it's liquid pride. Totally different thing."
-Shining Armor
#13SammuthegreatPosted 4/19/2013 6:35:06 AM
(First post, woo)

Usually I go with all 3, since I had 2 GBCs, 2 GBAs and 2 DSs. I'd imagine I'll only have one 3DS though so I'll have to pick one starter.

I tend to have the best experiences with Fire-types, probably my favourite type generally, so I'll go with Fennekin. I'm not 100% on that though, since there's a decent chance I'll do a blind Nuzlocke run for my first X/Y game.

Failing that I might just box whichever starter I pick, then when I eventually get a second 3DS I'll do a run with all 3 starters.
#14LaManoNeraIIPosted 4/19/2013 6:04:00 PM
Honestly, I like all three a lot.- just as much as gen 1 and 2. It will be a tough choice for me, gotta see the evolutions. I MAY be leaning towards Froakie as the third evolution of a frog starter could be pretty bad ass. I like Fennekin but I hope its evolution doesn't look too much like Ninetails. Chespin could turn out great or really bad.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#15LexifoxPosted 4/19/2013 6:05:56 PM
Thus far my answer is "Not Froakie, but probably Fennekin".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16ThatKippPosted 4/19/2013 6:12:22 PM
Broakie.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#17Thepenguinking2Posted 4/19/2013 6:14:39 PM
Was going for fennekin for a while.
But now, Chespin.
I want to finish the cycle of my pattern. In gen 1 and 2, I chose the fire types. In gen 3 and 4, I chose the water types. in gen 5, I chose the grass type.
Need one more grass type, and the cycle is finished.
---
WHY CAN'T SHEDINJA LEARN ENTRAINMENTMe in the X board
The Shiny zangoose of the X/y Board! (what? everyone's doing this!)
#18WallydraiglePosted 4/19/2013 9:30:29 PM
It will depend on final evo but from what I've seen so far probably froakie, since he's totally BA. But they're all pretty sweet.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#19emeraldfox_09Posted 4/19/2013 10:17:11 PM(edited)
Chespin. Because it's cute and a grass type.
---
The Official Leafeon everywhere. Get at me
Bianca <3. I like Shauntal too.