This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Starter are you going to choose?

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What Starter are you going to choose?
2 years ago#11
MetaDeDeDe posted...
I am going with Fennekin since it looks like it will be fast and won't be fire/fighting and might be Fire/Ground since it is a desert fox.

fire/ground? I'd rather not have another starter with 4x weakness. The idea behind it seems legit, but camerupt the second would send me to another starter.
"I am the voice of one among the silent who's tired of burning among the flames"
2 years ago#12
I'm going for Froakie, because I always pick Water for the first run of a generation.

I honestly don't care what type he has after evolving. I'd be fine with pure water, but what I DO want to see is some good speed. Blastoise and Feraligatr have the highest speed at 78 so far; let's see Froakie break 100, or at least 90.
"...Are you crying?"
"Of course not, it's liquid pride. Totally different thing."
-Shining Armor
2 years ago#13
(First post, woo)

Usually I go with all 3, since I had 2 GBCs, 2 GBAs and 2 DSs. I'd imagine I'll only have one 3DS though so I'll have to pick one starter.

I tend to have the best experiences with Fire-types, probably my favourite type generally, so I'll go with Fennekin. I'm not 100% on that though, since there's a decent chance I'll do a blind Nuzlocke run for my first X/Y game.

Failing that I might just box whichever starter I pick, then when I eventually get a second 3DS I'll do a run with all 3 starters.
2 years ago#14
Honestly, I like all three a lot.- just as much as gen 1 and 2. It will be a tough choice for me, gotta see the evolutions. I MAY be leaning towards Froakie as the third evolution of a frog starter could be pretty bad ass. I like Fennekin but I hope its evolution doesn't look too much like Ninetails. Chespin could turn out great or really bad.
R.I.P LaManoNera
2 years ago#15
Thus far my answer is "Not Froakie, but probably Fennekin".
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#16
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
2 years ago#17
Was going for fennekin for a while.
But now, Chespin.
I want to finish the cycle of my pattern. In gen 1 and 2, I chose the fire types. In gen 3 and 4, I chose the water types. in gen 5, I chose the grass type.
Need one more grass type, and the cycle is finished.
The Shiny zangoose of the X/y Board! (what? everyone's doing this!)
2 years ago#18
It will depend on final evo but from what I've seen so far probably froakie, since he's totally BA. But they're all pretty sweet.
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
2 years ago#19
Chespin. Because it's cute and a grass type.
The Official Leafeon everywhere. Get at me
Bianca <3. I like Shauntal too.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What Starter are you going to choose?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived