This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you remember which starter you picked the first time you played each game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you remember which starter you picked the first time you played each game?

User Info: Kementarri

Kementarri
3 years ago#1
I saw someone mention the first one they picked the first time they played each game and it got me thinking about who I've chosen, and i've realized I've never chosen a grass pokemon on a first play through... for good reason lol.

1st Gen: Charmander, I was in 6th grade and i remember playing this game in the airplane coming home from disney world... couldn't figure out how to get out of the house. lol

2nd Gen: Cyndaquil, Silver will always be my favorite game because it came with my favorite designs for pokemon. Espeon, Scizor, Skarmory, Zangoose, Ampharos, Typhlosion. ;)

3rd Gen: Mudkip, probably beat this game the most out of all of them and it took me a while to figure out who i first picked, not 100% sure i didn't pick torchic >_>. Love this game purely for Swellow.

4th Gen: Prinplup, man i remember how slow Diamond was, only played through one time until Platinum came out.

5th Gen: Oshawott, This is the only game where i absolutely CAN'T stand the fire starter, a pig... really? At this point I mostly have started picking based on stats, but honestly who can't pick Samurott..... he's a fricken samuri.

6th Gen: I intend to pick the one with the best stats. I don't particularly like any of their designs atm, but I need to see their final forms before I choose, leaning toward Fennekin. Because i love me a Ninetales ;)

What about you guys?
http://imgur.com/FHclCEA
/lick

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#2
Easy.
SS: Cyndaquil
W2: Genesect (the starter I chose for my rival was Snivy)
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.

User Info: The_Sol_Blader

The_Sol_Blader
3 years ago#3
Red - Charmander
Silver - Chikorita
Ruby - Mudkip
Platinum - Chimchar
Black/Black 2 - Tepig
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board

User Info: Ari917

Ari917
3 years ago#4
1st Gen: Squirtle, the cute little guy made it all the way to lv. 100.
2nd gen: Chikorita, I like it but it was a pain to use in Silver.
-Crystal: Totodile
3rd gen: Torchic, cute little chicken that evolves into a blaze-kicking rooster? Yes please!
-Emerald: Treecko
4th gen: Chimchar, was really helpful since I didn't like the fire types offered.
5th gen: Snivy, managed to make him work.
-B2: Oshawott
6th gen: Froakie shall be the ruler of you all!
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board

User Info: 12Rouge

12Rouge
3 years ago#5
Yes, and it was the water one each time.
There used to be something important and intelligent here, but I deleted it.

User Info: Fate_Assassin

Fate_Assassin
3 years ago#6
I always pick the fire starter.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
3 years ago#7
Bulbasaur
Cyndaquil
Treeko
Turtwig
Tepig

I generally pick my favourite the first time. Though with gen V I think they're all pretty equal.
Moo

User Info: rapscallion733

rapscallion733
3 years ago#8
Gen 1: Charmander
Gen 2: Totodile
Gen 3: Treecko
Gen 4: Turtwig
Gen 5: Oshawott
Xbox gamertag: lactatingRHINO7
Pokemon White 2 FC: 5158-0831-8084

User Info: wufei8706

wufei8706
3 years ago#9
Fire each time
http://i.imgur.com/z9ZcFt6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TjWlxSW.png

User Info: SetDarkAngel

SetDarkAngel
3 years ago#10
Red- Squirtle.
Silver/Crystal- Chikorita.
Sapphire- Torchic.
Pearl- Turtwig.
Platinum- Piplup.
SoulSilver- Totodile.
White- Oshawott.
White 2- Snivy.
X- Chespin. ^^
Pokemon White: Name: Tanaya--Friend Code: 0389-8171-7512 Tell me if you add me! ^_^
XBL GamerTag: GoldenEyeSMM
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you remember which starter you picked the first time you played each game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived