This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you remember which starter you picked the first time you played each game?

#71mmc2679Posted 4/20/2013 7:03:08 AM
1st Gen: Charmander. I almost peed myself when it finally evolved into Charizard. I was in 10th grade. The first Summer I've wasted on Pokemon.

2nd Gen: Cyndaquil. By then I realized that I can use gameshark codes to get any Pokemon I want. So I had all 3 starters. Totodile became my favorite because he had the highest attack skill of all 3. And he's still my favorite water type Pokemon. I am using him in Black 2 right now. :D

3rd Gen: Treecko (I believe so). This was my most hated Pokemon game of all time. Bland Pokemon designs, exclusion of the night and day system...blah blah blah.

4th Gen: Torchic. Again...ActionReplay = all starter Pokemons.

5th Gen: Tepig. Again...ActionReplay = all starter Pokemons.

5th Gen Part II: Snivy. Again...ActionReplay = Charmander and Totodile. :D
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Wii U ID: Crimson
#72themegaman7Posted 4/20/2013 7:05:50 AM
In oder I played the games:

Blue: Bulbasaur
Gold: Totodile
Sapphire: Tochic
Fire ed: Charmander
Emeald: Mudkip
Pearl: Tutwig
Crystal: Chicoirta
Heatgold: Chicorita
White: Smugleaf
Black 2: Tepig
Platimum: Piplup (Though I gave it up befoe it evwn got to it's 3d form.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#73javel34Posted 4/20/2013 7:10:16 AM(edited)
Squirlte
Hmm can't remember but I assume chikorita, wasn't cyndaquil.
Treeko
Turtwig
Snivy because duh

If I were to do it all over now with favorites in mind

Bulbasaur
Totodile
Treeko
Piplup
Snivy because duh.

EDIT: for gen 6 all I know is it won't be fennekin, I don't ever use the fire starter unless I'm replaying.
---
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733
#74NessEggmanPosted 4/20/2013 7:16:15 AM
I don't remember for each game, but def for each gen. I played every game in each gen, and multiple times each, so I don't really know which I picked outside of the first game in each gen.

Gen 1: Bulbasaur. I kept telling myself leading up to the release "I'm definitely picking Squirtle!" then when I got it I was like "No, Bulbasaur looks cooler." lol. All my friends and everyone at school picked Charmander. X_X

Gen 2: Chikorita. Though I never pick it now, I loved my Bulbasaur so much I wanted to pick the grass one again. I had grown to really love grass Pokemon.

Gen 3: Mudkip. I didn't like Treecko at the time and my friends all wanted Torchic so I wanted to pick something different, and I thought Mudkip was cute.

Gen 4: Piplup. I was kinda torn because I like grass types and I wanted Turtwig but my friend REALLY wanted Turtwig so I picked Piplup instead (which I liked too).

Gen 5: Tepig. Definitely the cutest! The I picked Oshawott in Black (my first game was White) and then Snivy in White 2. I remember those becuase they were recent... I barely used snivy... boxed her as soon as I got a Timburr, which I used solo for the rest of the game.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#75HardHorseJamPosted 4/20/2013 7:19:02 AM
First time through each gen:
Squirtle
Cyndaquil
Mudkip
Turtwig
Oshawott

Second time:
Bulbasaur
Chikorita

Haven't replayed 3, 4 or 5 yet. I'd like to say I'll choose Fennekin as I've only chosen Fire once, but I'm leaning towards Chespin.
#76CreightonWPosted 4/20/2013 8:30:13 AM
Gen1: bulbasaur
Gen2: totodile
Gen3: treeko
Gen4: turtwig
Gen5: tepig

4 out of 5 start with the letter t
---
Waiting for Vagrant Story 2, the next Chrono game, and Jesus.
#77PlayerFiftyOnePosted 4/20/2013 9:20:59 AM
Yellow: Pikachu
Gold: Cyndaquil
Ruby: Treecko
FireRed(only including this because Yellow is always pika): Squirtle
Diamond: Chimchar
White: Oshawott
---
"Oh, I must've been butter back then, because I was on a ROLL, BABY." - Wyrmwarrior5
#78SilverSockPosted 4/20/2013 9:56:52 AM(edited)
Yellow-Pikachu, obviously
SIlver-Totodile
Sapphire-Mudkip
FR-Charmander
Diamond-Piplup
SS-Cyndaquil
White-Tepig
White2-Oshawott

And yet the grass starters are my favorites. I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I did pick Grass in Emerald, Platinum, and IIRC Crystal.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#79ThatKippPosted 4/20/2013 11:33:25 AM
First time around I always pick the water starter, but I like picking the other ones after I've used the water one. I use Venusaur over Blastoise until I can get Victreebel.
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#80Rogue MuttPosted 4/20/2013 11:58:45 AM
I believe so:

Pikachu - Didn't really have a choice.
Squirtle - Never looked back, but switched to Charmander on occasion for replays.
Chikorita - Quickly restarted and went with Cyndaquil for the rest of my days.
Treecko - Not a huge fan of any of them, went with the one I disliked the least.
Turtwig - Always, gotta love that final evolution.
Tepig - No interest in the others.
---
Arcanine Alakazam Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar