This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The prospect of a Love is simply exciting.

#31pokemonfreak97Posted 4/19/2013 2:38:12 PM
Human-Bean posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Human-Bean posted...
Arne83 posted...
I think it is the worst possible idea for a type ever and if it ever becomes reality it could quite easily ruin the entire series for me.

That would be extremely puerile, Love typing is an excellent concept.

Light and Sound are both better ideas and they both suck.

Love typing is several magnitudes greater than those generic suggestions. It will help innovate the series by allowing more freedom to what the creators can implement. Love cannot be defined with a set of characteristics like the current typings such as Fire, a typing that revolves around a red behemoth or, Fighting, which are generally muscular bound monsters. A Love typing wouldn't have Pokémon that adhere to certain rules, the creators can experiment more.

Fire: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Reshiram, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Houndoom

Fighting: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Virizion, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Terrakion, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cobalion,
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Keldeo,
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Riolu, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lucario
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#32Human-Bean(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:38:43 PM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
1) There's no reason to change the number of Types at this point. Seventeen is more than enough.

Are you averse to options. Yes 17 types maybe sufficient currently but, as the series progresses there will be an increase in the amount of Pokémon. If the current model of 17 types were to continue creativity would be stifled, the introduction of a Love type could mitigate this problem. Gamefreak may resort to repeating their designs if they don't act. We've had several generations of Fire/Fighting based starters, Gamefreak are not experimenting.

2) "Love" is a stupid Type. What would be the point of it? "Attract" is basically the only move that would be reasonable for that Type, and it's Normal.

Does it actually matter about your perception of what constitutes a Love type move at the moment. Yes not many moves will fall under this category but, with the introduction of every new generation the available moves has increased. Yes, there will be a limited amount of moves regarding the new types but, it would increase eventually in a similar fashion to Dark based moves since the second generation. With the improved specifications of the 3DS the amount of moves introduced could be at an unprecedented level. Your exaggeration does not further your point.

3) As stated by others, "Light" and "Sound" are better Types to add (Sound being the best of the three, due to a number of moves that would at least reasonably be Sound Type), and even then, they suck.

This is a personal opinion. The notion of a Love type is no more ridiculous than a Light or, Sound based typing. There is nothing inherently wrong with such typings, if implemented correctly they will aid in the creativity and options available to trainers.
---
The bean represents the poop; one of the greatests substances created by men. ~stargazer64
#33VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/19/2013 2:54:38 PM(edited)
How about you actually provide legitimate reasons and examples as to why "Love" should become a Type?

1) Come up with at least five truly unique moves that do not currently exist/have some variant under some other Type (I.E., no "Love Type" version of Hyper Beam, no converting a pre-existing move like Attract, etc.), their effects, and their BP/PP.

2) Come up with Type Resistances, Weaknesses, and Advantages, and keep it balanced.

3) Come up with at least three legitimately viable, completely original Pokemon lines for the Love Type, at least two of which must have at least two stages, and at least one with three stages (one of the 2+ stages may be the 3-stage). (I.E., Two of the Pokemon must evolve at least once, and there must be at least one three-stage/two-evolution.) You must include names, secondary Type(s), stats, Ability, and a signature move for each. (You may NOT convert any pre-existing Pokemon and call it yours. They must be truly new, never-before-seen, and be viable both in-game and metagame, WITHOUT BEING BROKEN.)

If you can't meet all of these qualifications, drop the "Love Type" crap.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#34jayman7Posted 4/19/2013 2:55:37 PM
I don't care if they add new types. I wouldn't mind a Light or Sound type, so long as GameFreak is smart about it.

But "Love" would be a major misstep if you ask me.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#35GATTJTPosted 4/19/2013 3:19:04 PM
How about you actually provide legitimate reasons and examples as to why "Love" should become a Type?

1) Come up with at least five truly unique moves that do not currently exist/have some variant under some other Type (I.E., no "Love Type" version of Hyper Beam, no converting a pre-existing move like Attract, etc.), their effects, and their BP/PP.

2) Come up with Type Resistances, Weaknesses, and Advantages, and keep it balanced.

3) Come up with at least three legitimately viable, completely original Pokemon lines for the Love Type, at least two of which must have at least two stages, and at least one with three stages (one of the 2+ stages may be the 3-stage). (I.E., Two of the Pokemon must evolve at least once, and there must be at least one three-stage/two-evolution.) You must include names, secondary Type(s), stats, Ability, and a signature move for each. (You may NOT convert any pre-existing Pokemon and call it yours. They must be truly new, never-before-seen, and be viable both in-game and metagame, WITHOUT BEING BROKEN.)

XD why should he have to do any of this when, if he does, you will most likely still say it's stupid?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#36ThatKippPosted 4/19/2013 3:22:39 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I think I'd prefer a Cosmic/Astral type before Love/Light/Sound. For whatever reason, it makes sense to me.

Psychic-type is the space type.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#37VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/19/2013 3:28:11 PM(edited)
GATTJT posted...

XD why should he have to do any of this when, if he does, you will most likely still say it's stupid?

Actually, I'm quite an open-minded individual. If he can provide legitimate, reasonable options to support his stance, I'd be willing to hear it.

As it stands, however, people keep posting the whole, "ad dis tiep lulz" crap simply to be obnoxious.

Sound is about the only reasonable one that has moves and Pokemon that could reasonably fit it, and would be able to be fleshed out somewhat. Even then, however, it's an unnecessary addition.

"Love" makes no sense. Seriously, what would there be to flesh it out? There's "Attract," which is a Normal Type move. What else could be added for moves, without converting pre-existing moves, and very few of those being appropriate for a "Love" Type as it is...
---
#38zombiabsolPosted 4/19/2013 3:55:43 PM

Ok.

Gaurdian- this move last for 5 turns, and in a double/triple/rotation battle it will make any status moves such as toxic be directed towards the user, protecting its comrades. 5 pp.

Wedding day- the targeted pokemon is now unable to switch out on the current or next turn. Gender doesn't matter. 5 pp.

Cheater- the pokemon will attack, giving any status ailments such as toxic to the enemy. 40 bp and 10 pp

DIVORCE- both the user and targeted pokemon must be switched out. 5 pp.

Whipped- the targeted pokemon will follow your command, and use their move in the slot that maps to the one this attack is placed in on the users slots. Only affects the current turn 5 pp.

Love is weak to psychic, because of mind games that people can go through in relationships.
It is not affected by ghost, because the comfort of a loved one makes you feel safer.(paranormal activity)
Fighting is also super effective against love, because physical abuse.
It is neutral to everything else however.

I'm only not doing this one because its a stupid request. All you have to do is make some cute little creature, and make it love type. Its not hard, and it wouldn't be something difficult to come up with.

And I'm strongly against love type, doesn't mean it can't make sense.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#39VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/19/2013 3:59:40 PM(edited)
I still don't see it as a necessary or desirable addition, but I have to admit, I was amused by the moves you came up with, zombiabsol...
---
#40Human-Bean(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 3:05:45 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...

From this passage it is evident that you are the one being obnoxious. You dislike the prospect of a Love type but, this does not warrant a tantrum. Creating new moves and, Pokémon that are competitively viable is ridiculous. Even if I do manage to create new ones how will I be able to test them. I could see the theoretical viability but, it doesn't translate very well into practice. An example being Volcarona, many thought that the presence of Stealth Rocks would severely hamper its use but, in the end they were mistaken. It's a prominent threat that most teams should prepare for.
---
The bean represents the poop; one of the greatests substances created by men. ~stargazer64