This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Monotype help

#1Skyward_SneaselPosted 4/19/2013 1:27:41 PM
Hi guys, building my first monotype team! Using Dark as it's one of my favourite types. Got Umbreon so far, and Weavile (although Sneasel is better). What are other good dark types for my team? I was thinking Krookodile, any other or better suggestions?
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages!! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon and Brock of the Pokemon X boards
#2endergamer537Posted 4/19/2013 1:28:47 PM
Competitive-wise? Maybe a Prankster Sableye, Drapion.
---
Official King Boo with his Boo army
http://luginub.tumblr.com/post/46807599167
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 4/19/2013 1:29:01 PM
Tyranitar is great.
Hydreigon is good apparently.
Honchrow (or however you spell it) is pretty good.
I've heard Shiftry is also decent.
Scrafty is a total boss.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#4jimmyzeke13Posted 4/19/2013 1:29:50 PM
Mightyena.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYYJF0c4VA
#5Chandler014Posted 4/19/2013 1:30:04 PM
My Recommendations:

-Tyranitar
-Bisharp
-Houndoom
-Drapion
-Hydreigon

(Not all five of course, but my thoughts on that. Your welcome.)
---
Official Co-Leader and General of Team Miror Infinity. Shadow Pokemon: Tyranitar. Feel my Plasmaaaaaa Gunblade!
Also Count of "the Organization."
#6VegantoKeensPosted 4/19/2013 1:32:41 PM
Hydreigon and Tyranitar have massive stats. Houndoom is a glass cannon. Spiritomb and Sableye have no weaknesses and Bisharp is also nice defensively with high attack.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#7jayman7Posted 4/19/2013 1:33:09 PM(edited)
Remember that your team has a severe Fighting and Bug weakness - something you may want to account for (for instance, Spiritomb and Sableye laugh at the Fighting type...well, usually.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/19/2013 1:37:58 PM(edited)
As a Dark type master myself, I really recommend switching Umbreon for Mandibuzz. As your defensive pokemon, taking neutral damage from Fighting and Bug attacks and being able to take them down yourself with it's STAB Flying moves is essential for your team
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
#9MugilokoPosted 4/19/2013 1:38:51 PM
Scarfed MoxieDile and Zoroark
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#10Skyward_Sneasel(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 1:46:06 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
As a Dark type master myself, I really recommend switching Umbreon for Mandibuzz. As your defensive pokemon, taking neutral damage from Fighting and Bug attacks and being able to take them down yourself with it's STAB Flying moves is essential for your team

Mandibuzz is on my RU team, and doesn't tank hits in RU as well as Umbreon does in OU. I'm sticking with Umbreon. I might use Mandibuzz as well, or possibly Honchkrow.

Thanks for all the other suggestions. It seems one of the dragons will be a good attacker, and Scrafty seems to have good typing for being able to take and deal damage.
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages!! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon and Brock of the Pokemon X boards