This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mewtwo in Mewtwo's Awakening confirmed to be a different individual

#1Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/19/2013 7:11:36 PM
http://pokemonxy.jp/news/20130420/new_mewtwo.html

Ahead on Saturday, July 13, the release of Pokemon new movie, about Mewtwo is an important character of the work, discussion of "whether it is a different individual from the Mewtwo of the first work" is flourishing on the Internet had.

For Mewtwo that appear in this work, Kunihiko Yuyama director said, "not a Mewtwo (the first film) the same" in an interview with the official site.

So there we go.

Female-voiced Mewtwo is not the one we know and love
#2UmuruPosted 4/19/2013 7:13:28 PM
So either Mewtwo bred/cloned itself somehow or scientists made more Mewtwos since the last time we saw one?

Aww... I was kind of liking the theory of Mewtwo just using different voices for different occasions.
#3reaverzPosted 4/19/2013 7:22:42 PM
Well, if there really is more than one Mewtwo in the anime universe, that pretty much debunks any belief that any legendary Pokemon is one-of-a-kind. As if trading and such hadn't already called that into question...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#4TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 4/19/2013 7:25:17 PM
Cool

I'm don't hate it and i'm not a "ruined childhood" genwunner but that thing just isn't mewtwo.
---
I <3 PokeGirls!!! 8D
http://i.imgur.com/cnG9m.png That's my girlfriend on the left!! <3
#5VoidEnvoyPosted 4/19/2013 7:25:24 PM
reaverz posted...
Well, if there really is more than one Mewtwo in the anime universe, that pretty much debunks any belief that any legendary Pokemon is one-of-a-kind. As if trading and such hadn't already called that into question...

Not necessarily. Mewtwo was genetically engineered. He was man made, if you will. There could very well have been multiple attempts to clone Mew, and more than one of those attempts could have resulted in a Mewtwo.
---
Roughly the size of a barge! -Gaston
#6TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/19/2013 7:25:56 PM
Who in their right mind would make another Mewtwo after what happened with the first one?

If they had enough info to clone it they would have had to have come across what happened the first time. In the anime and games he blew up the lab and most likely destroyed millions of dollars worth of research and equipment.

My guess is that this one did the same and the Genesect were made as a back up plan to catch it. However this one happened to get further in development than Mewtwo allowing it to attain a huge amount of power through transformation. So it is stronger than they thought it would be allowing it to escape like the old one did.

At least with this they will be able to do a future movie with the two Mewtwo meeting.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#7Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/19/2013 7:26:31 PM
What does that have to do with its role in X/Y?
#8Rad_Dudesman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 7:32:55 PM
My guess is that this one did the same and the Genesect were made as a back up plan to catch it.

Actually, the Genesect escaped from Team Plasma, and all they want is to go back home, where they lived before they died. However, it's been millions of years, and their old home is now a mountain ravaged by snowstorms. They can't live there anymore, so they go to New Tork City and start attacking it, but Mewtwo shows up to defend the city.
#9reaverzPosted 4/19/2013 7:34:13 PM
VoidEnvoy posted...
Not necessarily. Mewtwo was genetically engineered. He was man made, if you will. There could very well have been multiple attempts to clone Mew, and more than one of those attempts could have resulted in a Mewtwo.

That's fine and all, but what I was saying is that Mewtwo was the one Pokemon that people said is one-of-a-kind, canonically. Even cover legends have been shown to be a species (most famously, the DPPt dragon trio as of HgSs) rather than an individual. But Mewtwo was the one single Pokemon that could be said to be truly individual, without a doubt.

I think it's even more likely now that Mewtwo will be available for capture in XY, at the very least.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 4/19/2013 7:35:05 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
My guess is that this one did the same and the Genesect were made as a back up plan to catch it.

Actually, the Genesect escaped from Team Plasma, and all they want is to go back home, where they lived before they died. However, it's been millions of years, and their old home is now a mountain ravaged by snowstorms. They can't live there anymore, so they go to New Tork City and start attacking it, but Mewtwo shows up to defend the city.

Nyc exists in pokeworld?
---
I <3 PokeGirls!!! 8D
http://i.imgur.com/cnG9m.png That's my girlfriend on the left!! <3