This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mewtwo in Mewtwo's Awakening confirmed to be a different individual

#41Shadow_StarWolfPosted 4/20/2013 12:26:24 PM(edited)
"Onaji Myuutsu dewanai" means "not the same Mewtwo."

It means it's not the same Mewtwo as in the "broody, angsty Mewtwo". Much like how Neku isn't the same Neku at the end of TWEWY.

Also didn't Masuda confirm that it's the same?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#42Monferno_AQWPosted 4/20/2013 9:37:24 PM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

It means it's not the same Mewtwo as in the "broody, angsty Mewtwo". Much like how Neku isn't the same Neku at the end of TWEWY.

Also didn't Masuda confirm that it's the same?

Last I remember, GF doesn't really have much to do with the anime.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima
#43reaverzPosted 4/20/2013 9:48:57 PM
It seems that there still isn't a real consensus on whether or not they are the same Mewtwo. Sigh...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#44vitonemesisPosted 4/20/2013 10:01:38 PM
If this isn't the same Mewtwo then I'll pass.
#45RX02BansheePosted 4/20/2013 10:18:57 PM
reaverz posted...
Well, if there really is more than one Mewtwo in the anime universe, that pretty much debunks any belief that any legendary Pokemon is one-of-a-kind. As if trading and such hadn't already called that into question...

It doesn't debunk the deity legendary being ones of a kind, and Mewtwo was a clone of a Legendary that was always possibly more than one.

And lets not forget the gazilion Celebii's in movie four.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Bethesda make poorly made shallow quantity over quality games.
#46UmuruPosted 4/20/2013 10:20:28 PM
RX02Banshee posted...
reaverz posted...
Well, if there really is more than one Mewtwo in the anime universe, that pretty much debunks any belief that any legendary Pokemon is one-of-a-kind. As if trading and such hadn't already called that into question...

It doesn't debunk the deity legendary being ones of a kind, and Mewtwo was a clone of a Legendary that was always possibly more than one.

And lets not forget the gazilion Celebii's in movie four.

Weren't the gazillion Celebis just the same one from different timelines? Time travelers get a pass when it comes to the rules, I think.
#47WetstewPosted 4/20/2013 10:34:15 PM
I just assume the pokemon movies are like the Dragon Ball movies in that they are not canon just what-if stories.
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#48TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/20/2013 10:38:21 PM
Wetstew posted...
I just assume the pokemon movies are like the Dragon Ball movies in that they are not canon just what-if stories.

Some of the Dragon Ball Z movies have been announced to be canon. Like the Bardock one and I think BotG is canon.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#49VirtualAnomolyPosted 4/20/2013 10:47:13 PM
SlimeStack posted...
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
From: VirtualAnomoly | Posted: 4/20/2013 12:12:42 PM | #019
Mewtwo's angst makes more sense than most others :/

But that one is probably correct. Now I am disappointed again.

It is correct - OP did a mistranslation. It's confirmed that it's the same Mewtwo.

And Mewtwo's angst is contrived. Also apparently it's okay to kill your creators who wish to know you more but spare the evil guy who wants to control you.

While the TC probably did shove this into google translate, it would appear that he is correct. It's a different Mewtwo.

Yeah, the new argument is (and it was actually posted on Serebii a while ago, though it was not this article) that it was not the same mewtwo (I believe Serebii said it was a very different mewtwo) likely meaning personality.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Black FC---0304 1624 6630 (cole)
#50Monferno_AQWPosted 4/21/2013 12:31:44 AM
Wetstew posted...

The movies have been referenced plenty of times in the show, so most, if not all of them, are canon.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima