This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your hopes for starters stats and movelists?

#1Torru369Posted 4/19/2013 7:32:12 PM
Personally I hope Fennekin is a high speed special attacker. And give him eruption, Typhlosion is currently its best user and he's decent but not fast or powerful enough to give eruption its due.
#2TherianReturnsPosted 4/19/2013 7:35:05 PM
Chespin's final stage is a balanced attacker grass dark with above average defense.
Fennekin's final stage is a special attacking fire fighting glass cannon sweeper.
Froakie's final stage is a physical attacking bulky electric water.
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#3Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/19/2013 7:35:58 PM
I really want Fennekin to evolve into Fire/Psychic eventually. I've been wanting that on a starter for awhile, and it would make an interesting contrast to Zoroark.
#4RoleOfGSHCPosted 4/19/2013 7:38:45 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Chespin's final stage is a balanced attacker grass dark with above average defense.
Fennekin's final stage is a special attacking fire fighting glass cannon sweeper.
You'd best be trolling.

I'd like to see Fennekin be a Fire/Psychic physical speedster, actually. We don't get too many physical psychics - it'd be nice to see another.
Froakie I'd like to see be a Water/Fighting special type. Don't see too many special focused fighting types, so it'd be nice to see how they approach it.
Chespin I'd like to see be a Grass/Dark balanced type. Could go either physical or special, depending on how you build it.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#5pokemonfreak97Posted 4/19/2013 7:44:33 PM
RoleOfGSHC posted...
TherianReturns posted...
You'd best be trolling.

Uh... it's TherianReturns. He's best known for occasionally having ludicrous opinions, trolling very obviously, and yet somehow, generally being the lesser of two evils when you compare him to actual trolls like Yveltal, TherianGaurdian (I'm pretty sure TherianHeresy is a Returns alt, but he at least knows how to spell), and 3/4 of the Wii U board.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#6MajorHoppyPosted 4/19/2013 7:50:59 PM
Chespin could possibly be a special attacker and have a decent amount of defensive stats. He should be able to learn some poison type attacks.

Fennekin could have a large amount of speed and special attack. Further down on the evolution line Fennekin's evolution should become a fire/ground type.

Froakie could be a bulky, defensive water type early on. Further down its evolution line it should become either a water/ice type or a water/flying type. Also, he should be able to learn several ice, psychic,and flying moves.
---
I just cant sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.
#7AlI_About_The_UPosted 4/19/2013 7:54:41 PM
I hope Chespin has a decent attack stat at least. And I want to see Fennekin eventually evolve into Fire/Fighting.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg
#8iKhanicPosted 4/19/2013 8:01:05 PM
Torru369 posted...
Personally I hope Fennekin is a high speed special attacker. And give him eruption, Typhlosion is currently its best user and he's decent but not fast or powerful enough to give eruption its due.

Definitely. There are a grand total of FOUR fire types with base speed greater than 100. One of them is Arceus-Fire. The other 3 are Simisear (terrible and ugly), Rapidash (Physical stats for a fire type aren't the best, also one of my least favorite gen 1 pokemon), Infernape (Again, I don't like fire monkeys).

I like the idea of a Fire/Psychic fox, and this is the stat distro I see as good for it

HP: 94
Atk: 71
Def: 74
Sp. Atk: 105
Sp. Def: 80
Spd: 110
BST: 534

For moves, I'd like it to be able to learn Stored Power, Foul Play, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, and Fiery Dance.

If it's Fire/Psychic, you can bet it's hidden ability'll probably be Synchronise
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#9BountyanPosted 4/19/2013 8:01:15 PM
Chespin - Above average attack and defense
Fennekin - Above average special attack and speed
Froakie - Above average HP, special defense, and defense, below average speed
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#10reaverzPosted 4/19/2013 8:09:01 PM
The only one I've really made up my mind on is Fennekin, funnily enough. If it were up to me, I would make its final stage a Fire/Ground type with a frail special sweeping build and access to Earth Power and Nasty Plot.

Chespin, who is almost definitely evolving into a spiky hedgehog Pokemon, will likely have good physical stats. I just hope it has decent Speed (around the 90 number), and if Fennekin isn't part-Ground then I hope Chespin takes it up to be a Grass/Ground type. Otherwise, Grass/Steel would work, with its Speed distinguishing it from Ferrothorn.

Froakie is the one I'm least confident about. Will it evolve to be fast and lean or slow and bulky like the other Water starters? I don't even know what type I should hope for it. The commonly proposed Water/Electric is nice but seems unlikely, Water/Psychic is bad for a defensive Pokemon and Starmie will likely outclass any other offensive one, Water/Flying has the "cloud" motif working for it but it has some rather unfortunate weaknesses and would require Chespin to evolve into Grass/Steel, Grass/Rock, or Grass/Electric to resist the Flying subtype. I really have no idea what to think for Froakie.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]