This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another Sylveon speculation topic (Eeveelution short related)

#1Immortal_Chaos7Posted 4/19/2013 8:48:22 PM
I just watched the trailer for the Genesect vs Mewtwo movie and the clip at the end about the Eeveelution short intrigued me. In it, Sylveon conjures up what seems to be an amazing astral projection followed by a couple scenes where it's ribbons can be seen glowing. Normally I'm on the "Sylveon is a flying type" bandwagon but now I'm actually thinking there just may be a new type however I still hate the thoughts of light, sound, and love types. What's everyone's thought on this.
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#2BountyanPosted 4/19/2013 9:06:32 PM
New type makes the most sense based on the information that's out.

-All names allude to fairy
-Look alludes to fairy. Pink, bows that could be designed after fairy wings, ribbons
-This hype
-The fact that doesn't look obviously like any of the current types except possibly normal
-The fact that it's not named specifically after any of the current types
-The powers it used in the trailer don't refer to any current types
-The terminology already being in the game and the huge potential for retconning
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#3VirtualAnomolyPosted 4/19/2013 9:08:31 PM
I would never oppose a new type ^.^
Sound and Light seem fun to me. Love does not.

That said, if they were to add Sound and Light type, and not both forms for Eevee, I would be disappointed.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Black FC---0304 1624 6630 (cole)
#4wind64aPosted 4/19/2013 9:13:35 PM
I still say that it points towards Ghost Type. The powers used in the trailer were primarily based on what appeared to either be gen III Anime Psychic or an opening to another plane, both of which are associated with Ghost Types in said Anime.

If you want to think of the creatures of Farie, quite a few of them have a high spiritual aspect.

Another thing to note is that Sylveon knows a lot of moves based around magic tricks. The type most associated with such tricks would be the Ghost Type with Mismagius being the chief reference.

Sylveon also has a distinctly washed-out appearance when placed alongside the warm tones of the other Eeveelutions. Possibly a reference to it having an association with the spiritual plane.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#5VirtualAnomolyPosted 4/19/2013 9:15:46 PM
wind64a posted...
I still say that it points towards Ghost Type. The powers used in the trailer were primarily based on what appeared to either be gen III Anime Psychic or an opening to another plane, both of which are associated with Ghost Types in said Anime.

If you want to think of the creatures of Farie, quite a few of them have a high spiritual aspect.

Another thing to note is that Sylveon knows a lot of moves based around magic tricks. The type most associated with such tricks would be the Ghost Type with Mismagius being the chief reference.

Sylveon also has a distinctly washed-out appearance when placed alongside the warm tones of the other Eeveelutions. Possibly a reference to it having an association with the spiritual plane.

Evolves by "Leveling up to level 30 in Lavender town"
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#6wind64aPosted 4/19/2013 9:18:00 PM
VirtualAnomoly posted...
wind64a posted...

Don't be silly. It obviously evolves by entering the Fairy Ring(ring of mushrooms) in the Sacred Grove.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 4/19/2013 9:19:52 PM
VirtualAnomoly posted...
wind64a posted...

No; needs to be a new method (see all Eeveelutions (stones in Gen I, Friendship/time in Gen II, location in Gen IV), using data that wasn't phased out two generations ago). Possibly something to do with bonds, although that just sounds tragic: bond with your Eevee... and then it becomes a Ghost-type.

Did you know that as of now, no non-Ghost-type Pokémon evolves into a Ghost-type except for Nincada? (And it also evolves into Ninjask, and Shedinja is not guaranteed...)
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#8VirtualAnomolyPosted 4/19/2013 9:20:18 PM
wind64a posted...
VirtualAnomoly posted...
wind64a posted...

Don't be silly. It obviously evolves by entering the Fairy Ring(ring of mushrooms) in the Sacred Grove.

Or by learning Curse. ;)
---
#9VirtualAnomolyPosted 4/19/2013 9:23:00 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
VirtualAnomoly posted...
wind64a posted...

No; needs to be a new method (see all Eeveelutions (stones in Gen I, Friendship/time in Gen II, location in Gen IV), using data that wasn't phased out two generations ago). Possibly something to do with bonds, although that just sounds tragic: bond with your Eevee... and then it becomes a Ghost-type.

Did you know that as of now, no non-Ghost-type Pokémon evolves into a Ghost-type except for Nincada? (And it also evolves into Ninjask, and Shedinja is not guaranteed...)

I did not, but...wasn't friendship/bond gen 2. So then, it can't be gen 6.

Did you know, that after the origial Eevee (in gen 1) all even gens added 2 eeveelutions, while odd gens added none.
Hopefully, gen 6 sill also add 2.
---
#10snuffles504Posted 4/19/2013 10:04:21 PM
At this point I'm thinking Fairy-type is likely. I'd much prefer that over Light.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!