This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another Sylveon speculation topic (Eeveelution short related)

#11Renjiro7Posted 4/19/2013 10:20:53 PM
wind64a posted...
I still say that it points towards Ghost Type. The powers used in the trailer were primarily based on what appeared to either be gen III Anime Psychic or an opening to another plane, both of which are associated with Ghost Types in said Anime.

If you want to think of the creatures of Farie, quite a few of them have a high spiritual aspect.

Another thing to note is that Sylveon knows a lot of moves based around magic tricks. The type most associated with such tricks would be the Ghost Type with Mismagius being the chief reference.

Sylveon also has a distinctly washed-out appearance when placed alongside the warm tones of the other Eeveelutions. Possibly a reference to it having an association with the spiritual plane.

To sorta add to the list Bountyan posted:
-fairies possess magical powers
-a Ghost Eeveelution would probably be dark/violet instead of bright/pink
#12Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/19/2013 10:23:46 PM
Bountyan posted...
New type makes the most sense based on the information that's out.

-All names allude to fairy
-Look alludes to fairy. Pink, bows that could be designed after fairy wings, ribbons
-This hype
-The fact that doesn't look obviously like any of the current types except possibly normal
-The fact that it's not named specifically after any of the current types
-The powers it used in the trailer don't refer to any current types
-The terminology already being in the game and the huge potential for retconning

That's not correct at all. Sylv can be a reference to multiple types, from bug, to flying, to etc. (Sylva myth and other such creatures referring to flying type, or whatever.)

It'd be like saying umbreon has nothing to do with any current types, because it should be Umbraeon.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#13BountyanPosted 4/19/2013 10:32:44 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Bountyan posted...

-Look alludes to fairy. Pink, bows that could be designed after fairy wings, ribbons
-This hype
-The fact that doesn't look obviously like any of the current types except possibly normal
-The terminology already being in the game and the huge potential for retconning

That's not correct at all. Sylv can be a reference to multiple types, from bug, to flying, to etc. (Sylva myth and other such creatures referring to flying type, or whatever.)

It'd be like saying umbreon has nothing to do with any current types, because it should be Umbraeon.

I said specifically. Sylvan and its other names don't specifically refer to Bug or Flying. Sylvan is just a spirit that inhabits the woods. Nymph could refer to any of Ground, Grass, Bug, or Water. A lot less precise than all the other Eeveelutions.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#14Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/19/2013 10:38:47 PM
Bountyan posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Bountyan posted...

-This hype

I said specifically. Sylvan and its other names don't specifically refer to Bug or Flying. Sylvan is just a spirit that inhabits the woods. Nymph could refer to any of Ground, Grass, Bug, or Water. A lot less precise than all the other Eeveelutions.

Meh, technically it is specific to types, but we're just arguing semantics on the word usage at this point.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#15Immortal_Chaos7(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 7:14:31 AM
Seeing everyone's reactions, I honestly just hope that it is of an existing type because while I may be getting used to the idea of a new type, I still don't like it.
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#16CrabhammarPosted 4/20/2013 7:28:39 AM
wind64a posted...
I still say that it points towards Ghost Type. The powers used in the trailer were primarily based on what appeared to either be gen III Anime Psychic or an opening to another plane, both of which are associated with Ghost Types in said Anime.

If you want to think of the creatures of Farie, quite a few of them have a high spiritual aspect.

Another thing to note is that Sylveon knows a lot of moves based around magic tricks. The type most associated with such tricks would be the Ghost Type with Mismagius being the chief reference.

Sylveon also has a distinctly washed-out appearance when placed alongside the warm tones of the other Eeveelutions. Possibly a reference to it having an association with the spiritual plane.

Damn, I was Pro-Flying and Bug, but now...
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#17LandscapeManXPosted 4/20/2013 8:01:08 AM
I was pro-Light type.
Now it seems more like Fairy.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#18EstheimasterPosted 4/20/2013 8:06:25 AM
VirtualAnomoly posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...
VirtualAnomoly posted...
wind64a posted...

Evolves by "Leveling up to level 30 in Lavender town"

No; needs to be a new method (see all Eeveelutions (stones in Gen I, Friendship/time in Gen II, location in Gen IV), using data that wasn't phased out two generations ago). Possibly something to do with bonds, although that just sounds tragic: bond with your Eevee... and then it becomes a Ghost-type.

Did you know that as of now, no non-Ghost-type Pokémon evolves into a Ghost-type except for Nincada? (And it also evolves into Ninjask, and Shedinja is not guaranteed...)

I did not, but...wasn't friendship/bond gen 2. So then, it can't be gen 6.

Did you know, that after the origial Eevee (in gen 1) all even gens added 2 eeveelutions, while odd gens added none.
Hopefully, gen 6 sill also add 2.

In the announcement trailer, one of the main designers said that there'd be news ways to bond with Pokémon (or have strength with bonds). It could be a completely different bonding method that isn't friendship.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#19Wings of FortePosted 4/20/2013 8:13:03 AM
I'm actually becoming more convinced that it is a bug type due to the butterfly crests on it's body.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#20Phantom_NookPosted 4/20/2013 8:16:03 AM
Did you know that as of now, no non-Ghost-type Pokémon evolves into a Ghost-type except for Nincada? (And it also evolves into Ninjask, and Shedinja is not guaranteed...)

Snorunt to Froslass.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442