This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if they brought back secret bases...

#1datwunkidDPosted 4/19/2013 7:53:55 PM(edited)
And instead of "mixing records" or whatever the hell that was, you got to hire NPCs like Joint Avenue and create your own Pokemon gym. You would create puzzles and traps while letting the NPCs use your pokemon for other people to challenge.

Any thoughts?
---
I'm one of the few gamers that actually every single genre of games,
FPS,RTS,Action,RPGs,Sports,even Flight Sims, you name it.
#2RoleOfGSHCPosted 4/19/2013 7:55:35 PM
Create your own Gym?

Oh, hell. Sign me up! Oh god, but what should I do? Psychic, Ghost, or Grass? Ooooh, dear... the choices I'd have to make! DX

I assume the pokemon in the gym would be scaled to match your number of badges?
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#3datwunkidD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 7:57:14 PM
Also, using the new 3DS features, you can trade gyms using streetpass of course.
---
I'm one of the few gamers that actually every single genre of games,
FPS,RTS,Action,RPGs,Sports,even Flight Sims, you name it.
#4pokemonfreak97Posted 4/19/2013 8:12:06 PM
So, a "create a gym" concept, shared through StreetPass?

OK, let's see how I think this could work.

So, you come in with a team of 6. Your lead will be a higher level than the others, and how many Pokémon (and what level lead/others will be at) is determined by the number of badges of the person facing you. Presumably no legendaries (they get too weird at lower levels; some are OP, some are useless), and if an evolved Pokémon becomes underleveled, it unevolves/devolves.

(Gym Trainers for 0 Badges: 1 Pokémon, Lv. 8)
0 Badges: 2 Pokémon, Lv. 10/8. 1 Gym Trainer
1 Badge: 2 Pokémon: Lv. 14/12. 2 Gym Trainers
2 Badges: 3 Pokémon: Lv. 18/16. 3 Gym Trainers
3 Badges: 3 Pokémon, Lv. 22/20. 4 Gym Trainers
4 Badges: 4 Pokémon, Lv. 26/24. 5 Gym Trainers
5 Badges: 4 Pokémon, Lv. 30/28. 6 Gym Trainers
6 Badges: 5 Pokémon, Lv. 34/32. 7 Gym Trainers
7 Badges: 5 Pokémon, Lv. 42/40. 8 Gym Trainers
8 Badges: 6 Pokémon, Lv. 46/44. 9 Gym Trainers
Elite 4: 6 Pokémon, Lv. 64/59. 10 Gym Trainers.

In case you're wondering about the GIANT E4 level jump, it's to allow ALL non-legendary Pokémon to be used, and that's Hydreigon's evolution level.

So, how I see it working is, you take the challenger's amount of Badges, and you put it into that chart. So if the challenger has no badges, it doesn't matter about your team of pseudo-legends: you get a Lv. 10 Gible and a Lv. 8 Bagon. If someone challenges you with 8 badges, though... you have a Lv. 46 Gabite (ALMOST), and a Lv. 44 Shelgon, Dragonair, Metang (ALSO SO CLOSE), Pupitar, and Zweilous.

As for Gym Trainers... anyone who you defeated, you would be able to list as a Gym Trainer. They'd use the same team, but one level on the chain lower than yours (that's what the top rung is for). You can have up to 10 registered; they'll appear in order, so if you only get 5, you'll get your first 5.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#5xcode25Posted 4/19/2013 8:52:10 PM
^OH yes. I take back what I said earlier, I would gladly pay if this was DLC. And if this was in the game to begin with, how sweet it would be.
---
"Ya know, somehow 'I told you so', just doesn't quite say it."
#6iKhanicPosted 4/19/2013 9:05:32 PM
What if they made a type of Wi-Fi battle a "Gym Leader face-off" where each player had to navigate the opposing player's dungeon and fight them. The time it takes to navigate the gym would factor into each players score, but it wouldn't simply be "longer is worse". There would be an ideal time of completion.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7SP_WesPosted 4/19/2013 9:10:53 PM
Well balls. It would seem that fans have nailed down possibly the coolest way to utilize the Secret Base, Joint Avenue, and StreetPass concepts. Good on you guys.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison
#8ReachOutToTruthPosted 4/19/2013 9:16:47 PM
Secret Bases were my favorite part of RSE, I was so mad they were nerfed in Gen 4 and absent from 5.
---
<3 and (/|\) !
http://i.imgur.com/khPxrAW.png
#9AlphaDiamondPosted 4/20/2013 2:47:49 AM
iKhanic posted...
What if they made a type of Wi-Fi battle a "Gym Leader face-off" where each player had to navigate the opposing player's dungeon and fight them. The time it takes to navigate the gym would factor into each players score, but it wouldn't simply be "longer is worse". There would be an ideal time of completion.

it could be kind of the Animal Crossing's Dream World. i mean, you could create your gym, upload it and other people would fight it. but instead of the long previous idea (that was very good) about your level being adapted to the one of the "challenger", maybe you could decide which kind of gym and level would yours be, and also create a lot of gyms with different types and levels. so, the challenger would have a list which indicates the level and conditions (max level of your pokemon, types of your pokemon, etc) for fighting it (what "types" means is that there couldn't be two or more pokemon of the same type, or something like that)

the score idea is also good, but that would depend on if we can put other trainers in the dungeon/gym. if it is only puzzles, then maybe there should be two different scores: one for the time you last in the puzzles and other for the time the battle lasts, as those are two different things

and, as a final idea, you could receive points from both beating other gyms and beating challengers that come to your gym (like BP, as a extra way for getting them) and you could exchange them for prizes
#10VegantoKeensPosted 4/20/2013 3:30:47 AM
Yes something like a gym would be amazing, at least an arena where you can challenge notable npcs to train and have more cool battles. You should be able to invite the gym leaders, rival(s), E4, Champion, villain admins and any other note worthy trainer.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake