This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if they brought back secret bases...

#11EmeraldRangePosted 4/20/2013 7:05:24 AM
I really hope so. These gyms wouldn't be limited to one type so who knows what we can do! If this happens. I will surely go buy a 3DS and Pokemon Y. Before, I was -90% chance to buy. Please GameFreak! I think someone should write a letter and suggest this. Thank you for motivating me to see if Gen VI will have something good!

The Gym trainers being anyone is a bit... well... hard to program. And it would mess up the routes. What if you can create a job search where you just specify the trainer class (if you want a theme) and results will come up for you to choose. I don't think this should be available for no badgers. Maybe after about two badges so that the player has seen what boring gyms are and what not to do?
---
I don't like the new pokemon from Gen V and VI
"New is not a synonym of better" -wonder if it's been said before
#12RoleOfGSHCPosted 4/20/2013 8:53:16 AM
EmeraldRange posted...
I really hope so. These gyms wouldn't be limited to one type so who knows what we can do! If this happens. I will surely go buy a 3DS and Pokemon Y. Before, I was -90% chance to buy. Please GameFreak! I think someone should write a letter and suggest this. Thank you for motivating me to see if Gen VI will have something good!

The Gym trainers being anyone is a bit... well... hard to program. And it would mess up the routes. What if you can create a job search where you just specify the trainer class (if you want a theme) and results will come up for you to choose. I don't think this should be available for no badgers. Maybe after about two badges so that the player has seen what boring gyms are and what not to do?

I imagine that the way Real World Gym Leaders work would be different than the in-game ones. We'd still be type focused, of course, but there'd also be many other things to take into account.

Gym Rank, for example, would be one of the determining features. Some gyms would just plain be harder than others, due to the differing levels of play. The gym of a casual trainer is gonna be very easy compared to the gym of a competitive player. As such, I could see there being a separate set of RW badges entirely from the In-Game badges. I also see a different set based on each rank. The levels of the mons and number of trainers in the gym is based on the number of IG badges, of course, but when it comes to RW Badges... well, let's try this:

You have three ranks:

Trainer Rank
Veteran Rank
Elite Rank

These are not chosen when a player creates the gym, but rather would likely have an algorithm that looks for things such as the IVs, EVs, Natures, abilities, and moves of the mons used. They then base it off of what is seen in actual competitive play - weaker setups would be listed under Trainer Rank, while some of the setups seen in more competitive play would be give an association with Elite Rank. Of course, these things are constantly evolving, so there'd be perhaps monthly updates to this algorithm to keep up with the trends in competitive play.

As for how this goes from there, I'm still working out. Not sure if it'd be tournament style or E4+C style, but... it wouldn't stop at the eighth RW Badge for a rank, that's for sure.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#13EmeraldRangePosted 4/23/2013 8:12:02 AM
I just told this to my group of friends who all hate Gen V and Gen VI before and now they are thinking that XY could actually be good!

This is the best fan idea I've seen so far.

But addressing the above reply. The Rank are a good idea, but I think that maybe three is too little? You could get money from nowhere based on the rank you defeat rising in 1000 Pokedollars.

Beginner Rank P$1000
Trainer Rank
Adept Rank
Veteran Rank
Master Rank
Elite Rank P$6000

And to discourage strong Elite Rank competitive players from fighting an extremely casual Beginner Rank trainer, we could add something. Maybe the get less exp and money?

I don't really like the idea of a tournament of these Secret Base Gyms, but then again, I don't like tournaments in general so...

Whatever, bumping this topic
---
Im here to cause an uproar. The following statements are true.
I don't like ANY pokemon from Gen V. Ash is extremely stupid.
#14IrisVilePosted 4/23/2013 8:17:45 AM
ReachOutToTruth posted...
Secret Bases were my favorite part of RSE, I was so mad they were nerfed in Gen 4 and absent from 5.

This it was fun fighting your friend's teams. I want mixing records back, just like in R/S/E.
---
I assure you sir. I am not the Queen you seek. Princess of Peacocks.
#15TheWiseliestOnePosted 4/23/2013 4:33:25 PM
I've been thinking that it would be cool if they brought back secret bases the way they were in Emerald and had them work with Streetpass.
---
3DS Friendcode: 0087-3629-7518