This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm kinda hoping there is a new type. Maybe it can balance out Dragon types.

#1Noctus3Posted 4/19/2013 9:52:12 PM(edited)
You ask why have a new type, why not have a new type? It could add a new twist to the games.

Oh, and please be resistant to Stealth Rocks. Dear Jesus/Buddha/Allah/Xenu/Reagan/Stifler's Mom.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#2WallydraiglePosted 4/19/2013 10:33:38 PM
Why not have a new type? Because there haven't been any new types since before most of the current OCD fanbase were born and they freak out at the thought of something being different. Most pokemon fans would literally keep buying the same exact game every three years and think it got better each time because it's just like the last one and different=bad.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/19/2013 10:36:22 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
Why not have a new type? Because there haven't been any new types since before most of the current OCD fanbase were born and they freak out at the thought of something being different. Most pokemon fans would literally keep buying the same exact game every three years and think it got better each time because it's just like the last one and different=bad.

Or by adding more types you could just disrupt the balance, heck with what 17 types, the metagame is a horrendous mess to the types of Bug, Ice, Grass, and the likes.

Personally I'd rather they fix older types, and help Pokemon within whichever types need help then introducing more types causing even more problems with balance.

[There's a reason why most balanced fighters hate adding more characters each game, because in general more variables = less ability to control balance.]

On that note: the game can be changed in many ways without touching only one specific aspect. Ever think of that?
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4WallydraiglePosted 4/19/2013 10:54:23 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Wallydraigle posted...

Or by adding more types you could just disrupt the balance, heck with what 17 types, the metagame is a horrendous mess to the types of Bug, Ice, Grass, and the likes.

Personally I'd rather they fix older types, and help Pokemon within whichever types need help then introducing more types causing even more problems with balance.

[There's a reason why most balanced fighters hate adding more characters each game, because in general more variables = less ability to control balance.]

On that note: the game can be changed in many ways without touching only one specific aspect. Ever think of that?

lol
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#5LexifoxPosted 4/19/2013 10:55:10 PM
Dragon is meant to be a "strong" type, though.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/19/2013 10:57:06 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Wallydraigle posted...

lol

There's plenty of ways they can change the game, which makes the lol (if an attempt to mock) actually backfire on you.

I never said there shouldn't be some changes, however adding types without a good reason is stupid and pointless, and only destroys balance. Changing how an already existing type functions is still change and actually creates potential and could change the overall outlook of the game.

Like I said, maybe you should consider there is more than one way to skin a cat.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#7WallydraiglePosted 4/19/2013 11:05:08 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Wallydraigle posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Wallydraigle posted...

lol

There's plenty of ways they can change the game, which makes the lol (if an attempt to mock) actually backfire on you.

I never said there shouldn't be some changes, however adding types without a good reason is stupid and pointless, and only destroys balance. Changing how an already existing type functions is still change and actually creates potential and could change the overall outlook of the game.

Like I said, maybe you should consider there is more than one way to skin a cat.

You're not even making any sense. You're hypothetically fine with some other undefined change without knowing ANYTHING about what it would do to the "balance" of the game, but dead set against a new type which might even enhance "balance". As if the types are balanced now. Face it, the type chart is a mess. And there's a very good reason to add new types. It hasn't been done in a while. Variety is the spice of life.
---
#8SThiefNPosted 4/19/2013 11:07:22 PM
tbh there's nothing unbalanced about dragon types lol, not anymore at least. Maybe in gen1 and gen2.
---
The weird tree attacked!
#9iKhanicPosted 4/19/2013 11:08:09 PM
Dragon is supposed to be broken.

If any type needs to be nerfed, its Water. Give it a poison weakness or something.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#10Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/19/2013 11:09:50 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Wallydraigle posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Wallydraigle posted...

lol

You're not even making any sense. You're hypothetically fine with some other undefined change without knowing ANYTHING about what it would do to the "balance" of the game, but dead set against a new type which might even enhance "balance". As if the types are balanced now. Face it, the type chart is a mess. And there's a very good reason to add new types. It hasn't been done in a while. Variety is the spice of life.

You don't understand anything then.

When you add more variables to anything it messes with balance.

If a fighting game has ten characters, it has generally or considerably far more balance than one with 20, and that one generally has far more balance than one with 30+.

The reason is you can't take into account every scenario with more variables.

It's not hard to understand if you comprehend anything about competitive, meta games or the like.

The fact remains more misbalance would be added, and adding one or two new types is still not going to change the fact that Ice, Grass, Bug and a a few other types are in bad state of irrepair, and the fact the likes of Water, Fighting, Ground (/Rock in some instances) or dominant. (Let's not factor in Weather teams, with Rainy Day dominating everything)

It's not a guess, it's basic common sense, if you've ever played Pokemon competitively.
---