This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking of buying a 3DS XL for this game...

#1gpstylezPosted 4/19/2013 10:53:22 PM
I bought my regular 3ds (it was only $119 at the time) last september and played W2, being the first pokemon game I've played since red and blue. Now I'm thinking of purchasing the XL for this game to ''enhance'' the experience of pokemon gaming. I think Wal-Mart has it on sale for $169 at the moment....so most likely I'll be buying it this weekend.

What did you guys like and did not like about the 3DS or 3DS XL?

For me, I do not like the battery life of the 3ds. After an hour or so, I find that it feels awkward holding it because of its size. Also, I didn't mind the screen size at first, but after a while, I feel that playing the game must be so much more satisfying with the XL screen.

Another question for the 3DS XL owners, does the game look "stretched out"? I youtubed some gameplays on the XL, but they didn't have good video quality so I couldn't really tell.
#2BountyanPosted 4/19/2013 11:01:21 PM
I'm considering the same because of how much better people are saying the XL is. But I decided I'm just going to wait another year or two and wait for Nintendo to release an inevitable new 3DS model.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#3gpstylez(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:11:49 PM
It's hard to resist with it going on sale lol I don't think I can wait that long. I've seen the short clips of x and y gameplay and I bet it would look amazing on the XL.
#4BottledPoePosted 4/19/2013 11:48:31 PM
To answer your question, no the games do not look stretched out on the XL. Everything about the XL is better. Save for the size not being able to carry it around as easily.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7585-1835
#5kirbydude385Posted 4/19/2013 11:53:15 PM
the games arent stretched out, and the XL isnt really THAT big. the DSiXL was bigger for one. personally, i find the regular 3ds really damn small, so the XL is perfect for me
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#6RedShadowwwPosted 4/20/2013 1:11:59 AM
I got an email from Nintendo saying the 3DS XL is on sale 30$ off at Walmart till April 25th but I live in Canada so not sure if it's a canadian only sale atm.
#7gpstylez(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 10:23:50 AM
Yep. It's $30 off here in Canada.

Would playing your game file on a different DS affect anything? (dream world, pal pad, gts random battles and trades, etc).
#8ThatKippPosted 4/20/2013 10:35:53 AM
Yep. It's $30 off here in Canada.

Would playing your game file on a different DS affect anything? (dream world, pal pad, gts random battles and trades, etc).

No, since if you got a new 3DS you could do a system transfer to take everything from your old 3DS onto the new one. I'm considering buying an XL, but currently there are no designs that really appeal to me. I don't like the look of the Animal Crossing one, and the Pikachu one is all yellow and I don't like yellow. If they had a Venusaur one or a Medicham/Victreebel one I would go for it no matter what the color.
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#9BansheeNTDmodePosted 4/20/2013 10:46:48 AM
I bought a pikachu 3ds xl to get this game later.
Currently replaying b&w 2. I only play pokemon and ace attorney for nintendo, i dont care for any other game
#10gpstylez(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:15:57 AM
No, since if you got a new 3DS you could do a system transfer to take everything from your old 3DS onto the new one. I'm considering buying an XL, but currently there are no designs that really appeal to me. I don't like the look of the Animal Crossing one, and the Pikachu one is all yellow and I don't like yellow. If they had a Venusaur one or a Medicham/Victreebel one I would go for it no matter what the color.

okay, thanks. I think I remember seeing that in the system settings.