This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What will this generation's letdowns be?

#1ThatKippPosted 4/20/2013 4:37:06 AM
Every generation has its letdowns. What do you think will happen this time around?
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#2SlimeStackPosted 4/20/2013 4:40:01 AM
The only true letdown I can think of is Gen III debuting with tons of Gen I and II Pokémon missing.

So...this'll probably have no letdowns since Pokémon rarely does...?
---
Moo
#3XazealPosted 4/20/2013 4:42:13 AM
I highly doubt they'll bring back any of the many features that were inexplicably lost between Gen IV and Gen V, so that will be sort of a letdown, although I'll still hate Gen V more for it.

I'm talking about stuff like contests, battle frontier, pokeathlon, and even minor stuff like the pokeradar and secret bases.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 4/20/2013 4:42:57 AM
Well, Gen II had an awful level curve, Gen III had no transferring, Gen IV had slow battles, and Gen V had awful wi-fi trading and battling...

The Bonding Mechanic is gonna suck. Or maybe breeding is changed so it takes longer. Or they add New Values (NVs) that change a Pokemon's stats based on the Bonding Mechanic (but in an annoying way).
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#5EmeraldRangePosted 4/20/2013 6:06:12 AM
The question for me is "Is there going to be anything good".Im looking on the bright side, and there could be something good and Id eventually like Gen VI and just hate Gen V. Although It may be saying too much.. ..
---
I don't like the new pokemon from Gen V and VI
"New is not a synonym of better" -wonder if it's been said before
#6SilverSaint7Posted 4/20/2013 6:11:58 AM
Fennekin being Fire/Fighting, obviously.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnCZgwQ.gif
#7EstheimasterPosted 4/20/2013 7:01:21 AM
Just putting it out there, some people will hate the new graphics. 3d battles may be slower and people will complain.

I want Contests to return, but with the 3d I'm not too hopeful.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#8kazooie959Posted 4/20/2013 7:05:05 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Well, Gen II had an awful level curve, Gen III had no transferring, Gen IV had slow battles, and Gen V had awful wi-fi trading and battling...

The Bonding Mechanic is gonna suck. Or maybe breeding is changed so it takes longer. Or they add New Values (NVs) that change a Pokemon's stats based on the Bonding Mechanic (but in an annoying way).

I had an idea awhile back that as the bond goes stronger the EV cap is raised higher... I never really mentioned it cause I figured most here would think it to be a stupid idea but the more I see from people about bonding it might not be that bad...
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
#9VegantoKeensPosted 4/20/2013 7:25:03 AM
Hmm I don't know, for me the past ones were:

Gen 2 had crap level scaling, Gen 3 had no real rival and day/night mechanics, Gen 4...umm Platinum was just awesome to me, I don't have anything on this Gen except for a little boring scenery at the start. Finally BW1 had no previous pokemon in the wild until the game was pretty much already over. BW2 fixed that and again, I have no complaints about that game except that Challenge mode should just be selectable from the start.

That is the one real problem that keeps persisting, pokemon is too damn easy. I'm sick of seeing people use two non evolved pokemon past the third gym. By the time of the 7th gym, people should come at me with full teams of mostly fully evolved pokemon and gym leaders should wipe the floor with me twice with full teams and actual tactics. They are suppose to be masters of their type, that means they should look for ways to counter type weaknesses by using items, abilities and moves. The champion and villain team leader should make you piss your pants.

BW having E4 members only use 4 pokemon was ridiculous. I don't feel like a master trainer, I just feel like one-eye in the land of the blind, where people lack the common sense to catch more than half a team together. I feel like I should need to get two full teams of 6 pokemon that I need to switch up to win at some gyms/battle tents/arenas/E4 challenge. I should actually need to get a tank, staller etc. instead of just getting 6 atk/sp atk sweepers with 4 90 atk/100% hit moves.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake