This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If there are two (or more) Mewtwo in the anime...

#31EstheimasterPosted 4/20/2013 8:48:30 PM
Arne83 posted...
RageKaiser posted...
Arne83 posted...
RageKaiser posted...
Then wouldn't make the same character go from having a deep voice to having a child-like voice =__=

Use your head.

I don't know. I'm not a casting director. I just don't think it makes sense for there to be more than one Mewtwo.

Well lets see, Mewtwo from the original movie developed a way to clone all of the captured trainer's pokemon. Perhaps he developed a way to clone himself?

Once again... I'll believe that once I actually see the movie.

Or maybe after 13 years Team Rocket/Plasma tried to make a new Mewtwo.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#32FuzzyJelloPosted 4/20/2013 8:55:55 PM
Arne83 posted...
FuzzyJello posted...
The most startling news is that Mewtwo makes no mention of Team Rocket, Fuji, or anything related to the movie and special, and Mew only appears in a flashback panel but is not mentioned by name. Apparently Mewtwo feels compelled to introduce himself as well. Granted, Mewtwo's character arc is over, so these things really don't need to come up again, but it's starting to get me worried that Mewtwo's getting hit by the reBOOT as well.

Ash recognizes Mewtwo in the trailer... I'm fairly sure you don't need to worry about that.

I'm hoping the scene didn't get scrapped and redone, actually, just because it's looking to me like Mewtwo's entrance did. Regardless, if Mewtwo's opening line is final, that confirms its the one.
#33Arne83Posted 4/20/2013 8:55:55 PM
Estheimaster posted...
Arne83 posted...
RageKaiser posted...
Arne83 posted...
RageKaiser posted...
Then wouldn't make the same character go from having a deep voice to having a child-like voice =__=

Use your head.

I don't know. I'm not a casting director. I just don't think it makes sense for there to be more than one Mewtwo.

Well lets see, Mewtwo from the original movie developed a way to clone all of the captured trainer's pokemon. Perhaps he developed a way to clone himself?

Ok... first off. Team Plasma knows nothing about Mewtwo. They can't try and make a Pokemon they don't know about.

And second... Do you really think Giovanni would be stupid enough to try that again? Especially considering how much of a failure it was to try and control the first Mewtwo.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#34Monferno_AQWPosted 4/20/2013 9:06:56 PM(edited)
Estheimaster posted...
Arne83 posted...
RageKaiser posted...
Arne83 posted...
RageKaiser posted...

Use your head.

Doubt it. For one, Mewtwo seemingly killed those who made him in the first movie. He also erased Giovanni's memory of him in Mewtwo Returns. The only other person I know of besides Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, James, Meowth, and Pro. Oak that knows about Mewtwo would be Dr. Yung, and we don't know if he's alive.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima
#35themagicpainmanPosted 4/20/2013 9:04:57 PM
And second... Do you really think Giovanni would be stupid enough to try that again? Especially considering how much of a failure it was to try and control the first Mewtwo.

Ever heard of the Alien series?
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#36Arne83Posted 4/20/2013 9:13:30 PM(edited)
themagicpainman posted...

Ever heard of the Alien series?

Yes. Never watched a single movie. It's not my thing.

I know about the life-cycle of the Xenomorphs (face-hugger, chest-bursters, and what not) and that their blood is corrosive... but that's it.
---
#37N64MarioPosted 4/20/2013 9:38:53 PM
This is all the info that you need about the different Mewtwos.
http://pokemonxy.jp/news/20130420/new_mewtwo.html
---
N-Mario
#38Arne83Posted 4/20/2013 9:51:25 PM
N64Mario posted...
This is all the info that you need about the different Mewtwos.
http://pokemonxy.jp/news/20130420/new_mewtwo.html

That would be helpful if I could read Japanese or if Google Translator wasn't s***.
---