This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get how Mewtwo was in R/G versions before Mew

#1iKhanicPosted 4/20/2013 8:57:10 PM
If Mew wasn't even supposed to be in the game, how was it that Mewtwo, its clone, was in the game and no questions were asked.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2UmuruPosted 4/20/2013 8:59:33 PM
Perhaps the Pokemon itself wasn't meant to be in the game (instead it was just an actual legend) and instead was meant to serve as just lore for Mewtwo.
#3Rupin_SalesmanPosted 4/20/2013 9:00:05 PM
Maybe it was to build up suspense.

"MewTWO?" What could "MewONE" possibly be?!
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#4RoobitysuPosted 4/20/2013 9:01:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5DampeThePoeHuntPosted 4/20/2013 9:02:49 PM
Pffft. Mew is under the truck. Duh.
---
--DampeThePoeHunter
#6SalsaSavantPosted 4/20/2013 9:04:14 PM
I think it was just supposed to be backstory. Something for you to wonder and speculate about, but never actually see.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#7reaverzPosted 4/20/2013 9:07:07 PM
Umuru posted...
Perhaps the Pokemon itself wasn't meant to be in the game (instead it was just an actual legend) and instead was meant to serve as just lore for Mewtwo.

It's very likely that this is true. Still, it's very strange, considering that Mew was the very first trademark for Pokemon that they ever made (even before the name Pocket Monsters). To think that they were originally going to leave Mew as something only briefly mentioned in the Cinnabar Mansion journals...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#8LexifoxPosted 4/20/2013 9:08:29 PM
I just assumed it was meant to be fluff.

reaverz posted...
Umuru posted...

It's very likely that this is true. Still, it's very strange, considering that Mew was the very first trademark for Pokemon that they ever made (even before the name Pocket Monsters). To think that they were originally going to leave Mew as something only briefly mentioned in the Cinnabar Mansion journals...

Because even if it didn't actually exist in the game's programming, it was still a Pokemon and name that Nintendo/Game Freak didn't want to lose ownership of.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9reaverzPosted 4/20/2013 9:16:29 PM
True, and I guess it would have made for an exciting reveal as a Gen II Pokemon that would be obtainable in "Pocket Monsters 2" when they announced it the next year...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 9:18:27 PM
reaverz posted...
True, and I guess it would have made for an exciting reveal as a Gen II Pokemon that would be obtainable in "Pocket Monsters 2" when they announced it the next year...

But Gamefreak could hardly afford to release Red and Green. I doubt they expected they would be making sequels.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US