This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get how Mewtwo was in R/G versions before Mew

#11reaverzPosted 4/20/2013 10:27:18 PM
iKhanic posted...
But Gamefreak could hardly afford to release Red and Green. I doubt they expected they would be making sequels.

True, but then there are plenty of games with loose ends that never got a sequel, so GameFreak could very well have been planning to leave Mew out with a mindset to include it in a hypothetical sequel if the games were a success.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#12SPDShadowRangerPosted 4/20/2013 10:54:47 PM
Mew was added at the very last moment
#13MewtwoExPosted 4/21/2013 2:30:51 PM
Because the Pokedex numerical order has nothing to do on how Pokemon were dicovered
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
#14MagikarpRulesPosted 4/21/2013 2:39:12 PM
I don't know why they did that either. Besides, even if Mew could learn every HM and TM since day 1, Mewtwo was far more powerful. Why give us the most powerful Pokemon to be catchable in the game while the relatively weaker one was an special event only, and when Mewtwo wouldn't have existed without Mew? Maybe it's true it was originally planned to only be a part of the lore, maybe they wanted to raise questions about what Mew One was and where it was, and raise sales with added content.
#15CakeOfLiesPosted 4/21/2013 2:40:21 PM
Mew was intended to be in-game lore.
Mentioned a couple times, but is so dang rare that you can never see it.

Exactly what Arceus should've been.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#16HejiruPosted 4/21/2013 2:45:31 PM
IIRC, Mew was secretly added in post-beta by one of the programmers.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy