This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rhyperior's design.

#21residentbowersPosted 4/21/2013 12:20:29 AM
Probably because its awful. There may be reasons besides that, but I think that's where the majority the of hate comes from.
---
but Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community.
#22snuffles504Posted 4/21/2013 12:23:41 AM
DragonDeoxys posted...
You realize that not all pokemon evolutions resemble their previous forms, don't you?
Your whole post can be described as just nitpicking.

It's less the lack of resemblance and more the lack of sense.
Rhyperior makes no sense in Rhyhorn's evolutionary line.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#23MinamoPosted 4/21/2013 12:44:45 AM
Wetstew posted...
snuffles504 posted...
The Truth

God I love this post, it explains exactly what's wrong with it's design.

They really overdesigned some of the gen IV Pokemon. They just look noisy and inorganic. Rhydon's evolution should of be more similar Rhydon's design just heavily armored from the Protector.

Inorganic basically sums up why Rhyperior's design is awful in a single word. It's a shame, because Rhydon is actually pretty cool looking in my opinion.
#24DragonDeoxysPosted 4/21/2013 12:49:38 AM
Minamo posted...
Wetstew posted...
snuffles504 posted...
The Truth

God I love this post, it explains exactly what's wrong with it's design.

They really overdesigned some of the gen IV Pokemon. They just look noisy and inorganic. Rhydon's evolution should of be more similar Rhydon's design just heavily armored from the Protector.

Inorganic basically sums up why Rhyperior's design is awful in a single word. It's a shame, because Rhydon is actually pretty cool looking in my opinion.

Actually, Rhyperior is cooler than Rhydon.
---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147
Black 2 FC: 0562 5475 2074
#25LenneValkiryePosted 4/21/2013 12:54:17 AM
1. It's overdesigned
2. Rhydon didn't need an evolution

/topic
#26faruwayPosted 4/21/2013 3:20:06 AM(edited)
snuffles504 posted...
DragonDeoxys posted...
You realize that not all pokemon evolutions resemble their previous forms, don't you?

My gawd, not this topic again.

Need I remind all of you guys that the basis design of Rhyperior is an Ankylosaurus and a stereotypical miner? (which almost everyone didn't know about)

Look at the orange rocks on the its head and side of it, also look at its waist...it resembles ear muffs and a tool belt. Also, those cannons that Rhyperior have resembles a tool for excavation.

And lastly, did anyone notice that Rhyperior hangs out in a freaking cave with molten lava in all PokePark games? Why? Because it is a pokemon version of a miner! (That's what all miners in real life did, excavating in a cave...except the molten lava part)

*sarcastic* Oh...Rhyperior is a Rhydon eating too many rocks...

Now I already told you where its basis design came from but I doubt you guys even care about it.
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#27SammuthegreatPosted 4/21/2013 3:24:39 AM
faruway posted...
snuffles504 posted...
DragonDeoxys posted...

Need I remind all of you guys that the basis design of Rhyperior is an Ankylosaurus and a stereotypical miner? (which almost everyone didn't know about)

Look at the orange rocks on the its head and side of it, also look at its waist...it resembles ear muffs and a tool belt. Also, those cannons that Rhyperior have resembles a tool for excavation.

And lastly, did anyone notice that Rhyperior hangs out in a freaking cave with molten lava in all PokePark games? Why? Because it is a pokemon version of a miner! (That's what all miners in real life did, excavating in a cave...except the molten lava part)

Now I already told you where its basis design came from but I doubt you guys even care about it.

That doesn't make it any better though. To be honest all this does is back up the point that it's totally out of place for the evolutionary line. Rhyhorn and Rhydon both look like primeval beasts, about as far from human influence as you can get. They're near enough Triceratops-inspired.

Rhyperior just looks like they ditched the original cool concept in favour of something totally different, whose various design parts just don't mesh.
#28faruwayPosted 4/21/2013 3:49:07 AM
Sammuthegreat posted...
faruway posted...
snuffles504 posted...
DragonDeoxys posted...

That doesn't make it any better though. To be honest all this does is back up the point that it's totally out of place for the evolutionary line. Rhyhorn and Rhydon both look like primeval beasts, about as far from human influence as you can get. They're near enough Triceratops-inspired.

Rhyperior just looks like they ditched the original cool concept in favour of something totally different, whose various design parts just don't mesh.

But at least it does have Rhyhorn and Rhydon features in it, it also near rhinoceros and triceratops inspired too.

Fans in Japan actually appreciate Rhyperior more than everyone outside the country. Even if Rhydon doesn't have an evo yet, surely Gamefreak will add an evo to it, maybe because of Rhydon's fans in Japan wanted an evolution to the very first pokemon ever designed.

And imagine this, if few Gen 1 and Gen 3 pokemon had an evo in Gen 4 except Rhydon, sure almost every pokemon fan wondering why those pokemon had evos, why not the others like Rhydon? And what if Rhyperior is included in Gen 1 back in the old days, would that changed everything? Also, Rock Wrecker, would not came to being if Rhyperior exist.
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
#29sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/21/2013 3:50:07 AM
snuffles504 posted...

So far I've described a fat Pokemon with useless arms and a Pinocchio nose that wears bright orange suspenders. How exactly am I supposed to take this Pokemon seriously?

Rhyperior fires Geodudes out of it's fists.

So, go ahead, don't take Rhyperior seriously. Should pokémon ever become real, I personally guarantee that you will regret such a foolish decision.

Also, I'd like to see anyone in this topic make a better Rhyperior. Just like with Tangrowth and Magmortar, they did what they could with the original designs of their preevolutions. Sure, you can argue that Magmar and friends didn't need an evolution, but that's debatable. Frankly, I liked how they took (in some cases. not necessarily with Rhydon ) completely forgettable 'mons and attempted to breath new life into 'em by giving 'em an evolution.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#30faruwayPosted 4/21/2013 4:02:49 AM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
snuffles504 posted...

So far I've described a fat Pokemon with useless arms and a Pinocchio nose that wears bright orange suspenders. How exactly am I supposed to take this Pokemon seriously?

Rhyperior fires Geodudes out of it's fists.

So, go ahead, don't take Rhyperior seriously. Should pokémon ever become real, I personally guarantee that you will regret such a foolish decision.

Also, I'd like to see anyone in this topic make a better Rhyperior. Just like with Tangrowth and Magmortar, they did what they could with the original designs of their preevolutions. Sure, you can argue that Magmar and friends didn't need an evolution, but that's debatable. Frankly, I liked how they took (in some cases. not necessarily with Rhydon ) completely forgettable 'mons and attempted to breath new life into 'em by giving 'em an evolution.

Almost few pre gen pokemon MAY have an evo or a forme in the future, of course. I like the new Mewtwo forme, even if people say it looked ridiculous and like a Frieza ripoff and tail on its head, I still like it.

And do you know there are some people here in this board who actually hated Gligar having an evo and saying Gliscor looked nothing like Gligar? It's true. It's all because there's an argument between Lickylicky and Gligar in one topic few months ago.
---