This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rhyperior's design.

#41VoidBeyondPosted 4/21/2013 8:37:05 AM
It would've been better if the color scheme was changed to resemble Rhyhorn and Rhydon.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#42TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 4/21/2013 8:40:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43Dr Edward RoivasPosted 4/21/2013 8:46:07 AM
Lexifox posted...
Because it that it feels kinda "chunky" and the orange rock sections are a bit weird.

Roobitysu posted...
Because it's not sleek and therefore they can't draw their furry smut of it.

Oh god I haven't laughed this hard in a while. What's it like to be so naive?

It is hard to draw, but I like this one picture with a female Rhyperior pleasing a male trainer with its rock dispenser holes in its hands.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#44LenneValkiryePosted 4/21/2013 9:12:03 AM
Dr Edward Roivas posted...

It is hard to draw, but I like this one picture with a female Rhyperior pleasing a male trainer with its rock dispenser holes in its hands.

UGH! I need brain bleach now.
The things the furry fandom can come up with are seriously disturbing.
#45snuffles504Posted 4/21/2013 2:35:50 PM
Yes, I know what Rhyperior is based on.

But neither Rhyhorn nor Rhydon are anything close to that. As another poster said, that only reinforces how out-of-place it is. Even disregarding the actual design, the drastic change in concept alone is enough to make it a horrible evolution.

It would have been a far better decision on Gamefreak's part to either make Rhyperior an independent Pokemon or a whole new evolution line.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#46BlazingRainPosted 4/21/2013 4:30:24 PM
DragonDeoxys posted...
snuffles504 posted...
DragonDeoxys posted...
You realize that not all pokemon evolutions resemble their previous forms, don't you?
Your whole post can be described as just nitpicking.

It's less the lack of resemblance and more the lack of sense.
Rhyperior makes no sense in Rhyhorn's evolutionary line.

I don't understand why we people take the "it doesn't make sense, so it sucks" stance towards Rhyperior.

Interestingly, everyone goes along with the fact that you can store a monster of any size inside a pocket-sized ball and that they are able to evolve in matter of seconds, which is a process that takes millions of years in the real world; yet somehow Rhyperior's appearance in comparison to Rhydon's draws the line for some people because "it doesn't make sense"?
It's just some laughable bad case of nitpicking.

Evolution in Pokemon is actually metamorphosis.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#47Dr Edward RoivasPosted 4/21/2013 4:34:27 PM
snuffles504 posted...

But neither Rhyhorn nor Rhydon are anything close to that. As another poster said, that only reinforces how out-of-place it is. Even disregarding the actual design, the drastic change in concept alone is enough to make it a horrible evolution.

It would have been a far better decision on Gamefreak's part to either make Rhyperior an independent Pokemon or a whole new evolution line.

Look at Graveler and Golem. Probably just about as coherently similar.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#48KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/21/2013 7:22:26 PM
BlazingRain posted...
DragonDeoxys posted...
snuffles504 posted...
DragonDeoxys posted...
You realize that not all pokemon evolutions resemble their previous forms, don't you?
Your whole post can be described as just nitpicking.

It's less the lack of resemblance and more the lack of sense.
Rhyperior makes no sense in Rhyhorn's evolutionary line.

I don't understand why we people take the "it doesn't make sense, so it sucks" stance towards Rhyperior.

Interestingly, everyone goes along with the fact that you can store a monster of any size inside a pocket-sized ball and that they are able to evolve in matter of seconds, which is a process that takes millions of years in the real world; yet somehow Rhyperior's appearance in comparison to Rhydon's draws the line for some people because "it doesn't make sense"?
It's just some laughable bad case of nitpicking.

Evolution in Pokemon is actually metamorphosis.

His argument still works. Well, except the "takes millions of years" part. But, same difference.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#49vital_tundraPosted 4/21/2013 7:43:01 PM
Dr Edward Roivas posted...
snuffles504 posted...

Look at Graveler and Golem. Probably just about as coherently similar.

I don't know, all 3 are round rocks. Rhyperior isn't much like his prevos in any way except horns.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#50Brandon042487Posted 4/21/2013 7:50:19 PM
Rhyperior's design is simply Serperior

*Jumps off a cliff*
---
<(*-*)>