This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rhyperior's design.

#51GATTJTPosted 4/21/2013 6:58:07 PM
*jumps in*

Rhyperior's design is horrible, worse than Lickilicky's.

*jumps out*
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#52ThatKippPosted 4/21/2013 7:09:50 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
Also, I'd like to see anyone in this topic make a better Rhyperior. Just like with Tangrowth and Magmortar, they did what they could with the original designs of their preevolutions.

My brother thought Tangrowth was from the first generation.
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#53sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/21/2013 7:12:48 PM
vital_tundra posted...

I don't know, all 3 are round rocks. Rhyperior isn't much like his prevos in any way except horns.

Geodude is a rock with a face and 2 arms growing out of it.
Graveler is a rock with a face, 4 arms, and 2 legs growing out of it.
Golem is a rock that grew a head and seemingly lost 2 of its arms. Its remaining arms and legs are completely different from what they were as Graveler as well.

Yeah. I'd actually argue that Rhyperior resembles Rhydon far more than Golem resembles Graveler.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#54lazymaster02Posted 4/21/2013 7:28:33 PM
although i personally dont like rhyperior's design that much, and like how rhydon looks a whole lot more. i can appreciate how gamefreak gave rhydon a new evolution, giving him a whole new look and higher stats. and also a shiny rhyperior has colors that are more closely resembles a rhydon, well atleast closer than the colors of a regular one.
#55PhexarPosted 4/21/2013 7:56:24 PM
I do like Rhyperior. I'm more fond of his sprite than his artwork though.

On the subject of Golem, yeah, it is more of a change from Graveler than Rhydon to Rhyperior IMO. I always thought Golem looked more like an organic creature whereas Geodude and Graveler looked more like living rocks. Kind of unusual that it grows extra arms as Graveler then loses them again as well. Still I do like all three of the Geodude line.
---
I am the Starlite Sage. My duty is to support, encourage & heal people. I understand much in this world, of it's light & darkness. (Created 6/6/2003)
#56snae99Posted 4/21/2013 8:27:16 PM
Because it's ****ing hideous. I don't mind Rhydon getting an evolution but I do mind that it looks horrid.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening
#57sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/21/2013 8:37:57 PM
snae99 posted...
Because it's ****ing hideous. I don't mind Rhydon getting an evolution but I do mind that it looks horrid.

Make a better Rhyperior, then.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#58Blues255Posted 4/21/2013 8:46:43 PM
I think part of the reason is that Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Rhydon all look similar, and while knowing Nidoking and Nidoqueen are final stages of Nidoran, Rhydon's appearance also looks "final." Giving Rhydon another stage above what looks "final" would be like adding blades to a broad sword, or extra barrels to a rocket launcher -- bulky, tacked on, unnecessary.

Pokemon like Tangela, Nosepass, Yanma, Gligar, Togetic, Lickitung don't look like they were designed with finality in mind. That's why their "upgrades" look appropriate (albeit silly, in some cases).
---
Chocobos. Chocobos everywhere.
#59snuffles504Posted 4/21/2013 10:17:22 PM
Dr Edward Roivas posted...
snuffles504 posted...
Yes, I know what Rhyperior is based on.

But neither Rhyhorn nor Rhydon are anything close to that. As another poster said, that only reinforces how out-of-place it is. Even disregarding the actual design, the drastic change in concept alone is enough to make it a horrible evolution.

It would have been a far better decision on Gamefreak's part to either make Rhyperior an independent Pokemon or a whole new evolution line.

Look at Graveler and Golem. Probably just about as coherently similar.

Did I ever say anything about Graveler or Golem? But since you bring it up, yes, I agree with you there. When I first got a Golem as an 8-year-old I thought, "What in the world? This doesn't look like Geodude or Graveler."
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#60snae99Posted 4/21/2013 10:32:07 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
snae99 posted...

Make a better Rhyperior, then.

Pay me to do it then.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening